Get ready for a Samantha-less "Sex and The City"...

• Members

Honestly, if they kind of delved into with how Carrie's career is potentially falling apart due to her aging, the media format she used to write for dying and the difficulty of someone in her mid-to-late 50s trying to navigate a very youth-driven market it might be interesting, but also potentially make Carrie look like a very sad and pathetic character which  means they won't do it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It just seems like the movies, especially the second one, went into a more fantastical escapist route which is why I doubt they'll properly adress issues that's likely going on in their lives. And yeah, Samantha as an oversexed 65-year-old would just be... eeeh. I can see why Kim Cattrall doesn't want to do it besides her dislike of SJP.

• Members

I would go that route.

Or even better get a little meta and say Carrie and Samantha had a falling out.

The show had some good falling outs between the ladies before...but this...one can be a serious mini-arc. Which can be used to bring in like you said the niece. For example. 

• Members

I suppose it's official official. Beginning production in the Spring!

Article only mentions Michael Patrick King as Executive Producer. Could this mean he didn't showrun?

I do hope they do less of the "escapist fantasy" of the movies and go back to their roots more. I understand why they did it for the movie (and it worked well for the 1st one) but Season 7 should be closer to the early seasons of the series.

Edited by YRBB

• 3 months later...