Days: July 2020 Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, prefab1 said:

I blame casting for the fact that the little girl looks nothing like her mother, Gabi. But I think the "bad seed" part is totally intentional, as a way of signalling that she'll grow up to be a cross between her mother and her Grandma Sami. Hence the line about how she learned about bribes from "mommy, who uses them all the time." 

I don't have a problem with young Ari looking like her father. In my family my grand mother looked mestiza. While her sister looked Nordic. That happens in mixed families. What gets me is we hardly ever see her. With any of her 3 parents. And when we do it's an awkward mess. I would love to see Ari be a mix of Sami/Gabi/Kate. With some of Marlene's class and brains. Sadly one of the things we will never see is Ari dealing with is her identity of being Hispanic and White. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

I don't have a problem with young Ari looking like her father. In my family my grand mother looked mestiza. While her sister looked Nordic. That happens in mixed families. What gets me is we hardly ever see her. With any of her 3 parents. And when we do it's an awkward mess. I would love to see Ari be a mix of Sami/Gabi/Kate. With some of Marlene's class and brains. Sadly one of the things we will never see is Ari dealing with is her identity of being Hispanic and White. 

Ari gon bring some tamales to school and the white kids are gonna be like ew what is that and she's gonna be embarrassed to bring in her ethnic lunch and make her momma buy her lunchables 😔

13 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

Agree with you completely about CM and FS. God, they’re just terrible. Their scenes are some of the worst on television, and there’s nothing about them that spells “relationship.” It’s all smirking and grinning and mocking their dialogue, followed by just unbelievable talks of parenting.

I certainly don't think they are bad actors at all - they have proven that in the past.
But it is pretty clear that they had totally given up by then. Don't know if they knew already they'd be fired but even if it was just the stage where they simply hated the material (as they told the story on the podcast) and felt uneasy about their standing, you can see it and feel it on-screen and that's not fair on the viewers.

I don’t think CM and FS are incapable. They just seem lazy af. It’s even more pronounced when they are surrounded by actors (Sweeney, Dattilo, the new girl Lindsay Arnold) who actually give a sh!t. Alison Sweeney in particular is bringing it, and CM/FS don’t raise their level at all. 

39 minutes ago, GLATWT88 said:

Ari gon bring some tamales to school and the white kids are gonna be like ew what is that and she's gonna be embarrassed to bring in her ethnic lunch and make her momma buy her lunchables 😔

The ''school''. is the small park bench.🤣 Right next an always empty HTS. 

If I keep seeing positive remarks about my Sami and Lucas (my Lumi :wub:) showing up on that sidebar on the right left, I'm gonna have to tune in to Days of Our goddamn Lives. I'm getting desperate.

15 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

If I keep seeing positive remarks about my Sami and Lucas (my Lumi :wub:) showing up on that sidebar on the right left, I'm gonna have to tune in to Days of Our goddamn Lives. I'm getting desperate.

If you do tune in again, today's episode would be a pretty good place to start. No Lucas, but some quality feuding between Sami and Nicole, plus shirtless Brandon Barash, and a cliffhanger that genuinely took me by surprise. 

6 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

The ''school''. is the small park bench.🤣 Right next an always empty HTS. 

😂 That's probably very accurate as to how they would do a school scene. 

5 hours ago, prefab1 said:

If you do tune in again, today's episode would be a pretty good place to start. No Lucas, but some quality feuding between Sami and Nicole, plus shirtless Brandon Barash, and a cliffhanger that genuinely took me by surprise. 

I haven't watched today yet but this made me curious.

5 hours ago, All My Shadows said:

You need to! Lumi being parents to Allie has been so so well done. You would never think they haven’t been on canvas for awhile or that this sctrsss hasn’t been playing their daughter.

14 hours ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Arianna reminds me of Charlotte on GH, spoiled and bratty.

And I do like Will and Sonny/Chandler and Freddie, but yeah their scenes are so low energy, it’s sad. But I do have to ask, how much of that is attributed to the one and done style of filming that DAYS does? 

I can’t buy that as an excuse. Everyone else’s scenes aren’t low energy and filled with smirking.

Posted (edited)

The girl playing Allie has been a good addition to the show - and she really looks like the daughter of Sami Brady. This is my favorite story on the show right now.

Is someone going to tell Will and Sonny that the kid they're adopting is about to be born? lol

I love Gwen wanting to move into the mansion 😁 She's fun.

Edited by AlexElizabeth
20 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

The girl playing Allie has been a good addition to the show - and she really looks like the daughter of Sami Brady. This is my favorite story on the show right now.

PLEASE let Allie stick around (with Lucas)! She's been a breath of fresh air. I know AS is only short term but the show is soooooo much better when she's on it.

Lee Shin is pretty hot. I wish there was a chance he stuck around. We need some new male actors.