Days: July 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not here for Eve being the villain and Ben being the victim.

I loooove having Sami and Lucas on the show. Sami's crazy and annoying, but she adds so much.

I laughed when Ariana said she learned the word "bribe" from Gabi because she does it all the time.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Watched today after missing a few days and I have to agree, Sami and Lucas are great. They add so much to the show. I also want to take back what I said about the actress playing Ally, she's growing on me. 

I feel like there are so much potential with some of the stories and just so many directions things could go if they focused on "real" stories for a while and get rid of that Orpheus nonsense. Although, I'm not even sure what Orpheus is and that's why I'm completely uninterested. 

• Members

I agree that the Ben propping is beyond ridiculous, but so is the hate on this board for Ben and for RSW. I mean, seriously— it’s nuts.

You want REALLY bad acting? Those scenes with Will, Sonny, and their daughter were fricking horrendous. The girl is a terrible actress, and Will and Sonny do nothing but grin and act like parents who have spent ZERO time with their kid except for a conversation once a month on that couch.

• Members

I thought the little girl had some good comic timing, and I'd go easier on her because she's a small child. FS and CM have no such excuse, and they looked visibly uncomfortable around this little girl who's supposed to be their beloved daughter.

Scenes like this make the other characters' claims that "Will and Sonny would be the BEST adoptive parents" seem even more surreal. Just because they're a desexualized gay couple doesn't mean they'll make great parents!

• Members

I hear you about the little girl. It’s just that she plays the part like a bad seed / demon child. I blame casting, because I just don’t believe that’s the best they could do.

Agree with you completely about CM and FS. God, they’re just terrible. Their scenes are some of the worst on television, and there’s nothing about them that spells “relationship.” It’s all smirking and grinning and mocking their dialogue, followed by just unbelievable talks of parenting.

• Members

I blame casting for the fact that the little girl looks nothing like her mother, Gabi. But I think the "bad seed" part is totally intentional, as a way of signalling that she'll grow up to be a cross between her mother and her Grandma Sami. Hence the line about how she learned about bribes from "mommy, who uses them all the time." 

• Members

Arianna reminds me of Charlotte on GH, spoiled and bratty.

And I do like Will and Sonny/Chandler and Freddie, but yeah their scenes are so low energy, it’s sad. But I do have to ask, how much of that is attributed to the one and done style of filming that DAYS does? 

• Members

I'm sure the rushed production schedule has something to do with it, as does poor direction. But that seems to be the standard on all the soaps these days. I was watching a YouTube recommended clip from GH recently, and I was shocked by how poor the acting was. It felt like most of the actors were reading their lines for the first time.