Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay- constant testing.  Has anyone here heard of instantaneous results for a COVID test?  I haven’t. Also- how much strain is that putting on testing labs in California?  Are we going to see people released from the show because their budget is taking this hit?

There is a time lag during which any of these people within 6 feet without a mask are at great risk between tests results, even if they are being daily.

I agree that this seems incredibly dangerous.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

According to what I read on CDC's site, there are point-of-care COVID tests where the results can be available in less than an hour. So GH may be using those tests. If that's what they're doing, I sincerely hope it isn't taking the available tests away from other people. We have a friend who was routinely denied testing in her state even though the medical staff suspected she had the virus.

• Members

I traveled out of the country because I was moving and part of the check in requirements was having covid test within 72 hours of departure and you needed to present a negative test result. There are several places in the state offering testing and I had my results in 15 minutes. 

However, you are right about those who are asymptomatic. The current tests being used are actually quite unreliable at detecting the virus in people who are asymptomatic and even those showing symptoms don't always present a positive test result. Last I read, those with Covid who have symptoms presented a positive results only 70 percent of the time. Also, there is a period between transmission and detection, so someone may have Covid but it's too soon for a test to pick up on it. 

• Members

Valentini said GH has two covid advisors. If they are using rapid tests does that they allow them to film with closer distancing? 

asymptomatic  people with COVID 19 should still test positive but yes there have been issues in all states about false negatives & positives

I think the biggest issue with  asymptomatic people is that they feel fine so they do not get tested. But if GH tests everyone daily hopefully tests return acturate

Edited by John