Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Perhaps some editing is going on but there's no mistaking that the actors are near each other in these scenes. Hell, Maurice Bernard just touched Lindsay Hartley as they were standing face to face, as did Becky Herbst. And they need to keep Lindsay. She's brought energy to the show that was really lacking. 

Edited by robbwolff

• Members

There are clear examples of forced perspective editing going on in some scenes.  And then there are also clear examples of people right next each other, facing each other, etc not distanced at all, that were not filmed before.  CD’s longer hair, LH as Sam as examples.

I wish someone would just say what they are doing, because it’s clearly less distances than the other shows (although I haven’t seen anyone in bed with a Real Doll yet).

• Members

I know. I'm very confused. Are they all quarantining? Like ... that's not editing lol

I too heard some was filmed before but that kinda can't be with Chad's ugly new hair color and style and Lindsay being there.

I know I could search on my own but where do I recognize tempBrook Lynn from? And what a shame Amanda Setton wasn't able to film these scenes of Ned finding out she sold her shares. Should have been a really good scene but it all fell so flat. Not blaming the new actress, the writing and direction on this show just SUCK.

Soaps just lack energy. All of them are lethargic. 

And I'm pretty sure I said it for months if not over a year that Sasha or Willow needed to be Lucy's daughter. I've been preaching they needed to use Lucy more ... imagine Willow being Chrissy and Harmony being Julie Devlin? It would have given Lucy and Kevin instant story. Wouldn't want that ...

Nelle being Nina's daughter is one of the worst kept secrets and I don't even feel like using a spoiler tag for it. It's blatantly obvious. Supposedly Willow and Nelle are twins. LMAO. I can't with this show. I'm so tired of forcing connections and "Nina's legacy". I love you Watros but Nina is useless, still.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

There is no way "editing" can explain a lot of the closeness on GH. I've edited and I promise you, we don't do that. Nor is ABC rolling out money to allow GH to CGI people, lol. They would never give that money to these shows now. These people are in the same close space and IMO it is not safe. Yes, the show looks less embarrassing than B&B. But I think they're taking way too many risks and it's going to go bad. And for what - a rushed return for a show that needs a huge creative reset.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I wouldn't trust constant testing in this environment and with things in this city (LA) being as they are. There's too many variables. And given the allegations re: why Monaco is out (allegedly, not being willing to properly follow safety protocols on or off-show) I wouldn't be near her either.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lucy mentioned something about raising money for the Nurse's Ball the other day. Surely they're not going to try a big ensemble episode? 

Googling around I found these protocols: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6941686-HOO-Appendix-J-Reopening-Protocol-for-Music.html

There's a lot of weasel words in here.  Any contact closer than six feet must be "as brief as possible." Scenes with direct prolonged physical contact (love scenes) are "discouraged."  Crowd scenes "should" be avoided.  There's lots of leeway there and apparently GH/ABC are taking more risks than CBS on things that aren't outright banned. 

Melissa Claire Egan said in this interview that they actually have a 6 foot long rope that they have to hold to make sure they're far enough apart: https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/the-young-the-restless/melissa-claire-egan-returning-to-work-whats-next-for-chelsea-adam

I don't like GH taking those risks but I also don't think soaps can really be filmed the way Y&R and B&B are doing it, nor do I expect primetime shows to come back with zero physical contact between the actors.  My vote is for safety and not filming at all.