Soaps Returning To Production

• Members

They'll never fire her. If they didn't fire Steve for his pyramid scheme years ago, they won't fire her. GH and all the soaps are too obsessed with clinging to any scrap of the dying audience share vs. dramatically overhauling the shows, and that includes clinging to the 300-500 remaining Jasam fans on social media.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would make an example of her or anyone else that pulled that. That sets the tone. If it can happen to her it can happen to anyone, so mask up or get out. Same goes for Missy Reeves if she keeps showing out publicly on that race shít at DOOL. A lot of daytime folks are conservative under the hood but most of them are wise enough to keep their mouths shut at a time like this. Nancy should've been suspended on that Viola Davis mess a few years ago too, but anyway the political issue is another topic so nvm.

Edited by Vee

• Members

My mother is  claustrophobic and she had a major panic attack while wearing the mask. It was frightening to watch. I have no idea if Monaco does or does not have claustrophobia, but it's scary to see someone go through something like that. My mother has limited her movements right now because she is petrified of wearing a mask.

• Members

Thank you for that. I'll let her know. She's been depressed by the whole thing. I didn't mean to derail the discussion about Kelly Monaco, but I just wanted to put it out there that the claustrophobia claim may be real. I have no idea. I am so out of about GH performers that I had no idea she was with Billy Miller.

• Members

FWIW Kelly Monaco was on Howard Stern years ago talking about early in her career, on a modelling gig, some guys slipped her something and she was a victim of rape or attempted rape. I have read that many sexual assault survivors have struggled with wearing masks because of past experiences. I have no idea if that has anything to do with this situation. Just another perspective. It's not necessarily a political thing if she's having a panic attack wearing a mask.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Lynda Hirsch makes some errors.

Last week on her gossip page, she said that Frank Valentini married his 16-year boyfriend in the Hamptons.  But of course it was Ron Carlivati, not Frank.

Last week on her soap summaries page, she said that for DAYS, when Abigail returns to Salem she'll think that Chad is attracted to Ben. (It should say Gwen, not Ben).

And this week for B&B, she talked about Thorne and Brooke -- when it was supposed to be Ridge and Brooke.

• Members

To that point: Very interesting that This Is Us is incorporating COVID into upcoming story. Probably would have been tricky for the soaps timing-wise, and I do see some commenters saying they won’t watch since they see TIU as an “escape” from the world they live in. But TIU is actually doing what soaps used to do effectively, reflect the world.