Soaps Returning To Production

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just saw a promo for GH's return during a Buzzr rerun of Supermarket Sweep (by way of the Pluto app). I know that an early Sunday evening rerun of a 20+ year old game show isn't the cushiest place to put a promo, but it shocked because of how rarely I've ever seen a soap being advertised outside of network daytime.

• Members

B&B's attempts at shooting around distancing are awkward and hilarious - people just staring into space in close-up, and I keep expecting one to bolt for the door in terror. I cracked up at Sally Spectra collapsing and Wyatt just standing across the room yelling "Sally!"

GH, OTOH, is doing well with some angles and such but is taking too many risks IMO. Certain actors are getting too close, and there's no need for background actors. Write crowd scenes out for the time being. Others, like Chad Duell perched on the arm of a couch, are clearly taking zero chances lol. But no one needs to share a couch or keep advancing on each other which happened with Sam and Alexis yesterday. I feel like Frank is overconfident. But I just don't feel these shows should be filming at all. The miserable creative quality aside it's just not safe. A spread will happen.

• Members

Ha...and how about Steffy after her accident. Brooke, Ridge and whatshisname were outside of her room and were so far apart talking to one another. It looked very odd. And as they entered her room ...no one came close to her or the bed.

GH had extras today at the restaurant...yikes and as you said I saw very little distancing.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Wonder why they're being so risky. What are the guidelines for filming during this pandemic in LA anyway. They're obviously able to do what they're doing, I don't think TPTB would be foolish enough to break any laws, but it does seem odd that they're taking these chances.

• Members

I will say, I’ve been very impressed with GH. Idk what regular fans think, but I find the stories have momentum and we’ve seen a good variety of characters. It also helps that they have so many big sets so even with social distancing I feel like there is enough room for movement. On B&B in particular because they have less sets, characters and smaller sets u feel the scenes can feel very static. Everybody goes to their mark and just sits there. I’m not sure how safe what GH is doing is, but the show looks and feels great.