Racism and racial representation on soaps

• Members

Just to bring this back, you have a black actor speaking up but notice this was largely ignored. I don’t think any of his white cast members retweeted this. Lamon Archey at least has white cast members willing to openly support him, but overall this is the problem with black actors speaking out. The press ignores it and so so their costars so they’re left on an island by themselves. Especially in light of the overall Black Lives Matter movement I wish these casts would rally around their black cast members. 

Like Lamon said, yes you have 3 black characters (in supporting roles), but you need more to tell a story. GH gives their black characters good screentime, but the characters are all talk to’s. Maya was one of the most successful new characters on B&B and now her entire family is gone. Y&R is not even worth mentioning, but my point stands. NONE of these soaps can say they’re proud of their black storylines and all need to do better. 

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jennifer is very recastable.

Just kill her off. Bring Melissa back to console Jack. Done.

Wasn't Scott Reeves the uber Christian who basically converted her?

I mean, like everyone else I guess i tried to ignore it because I still liked the character of Jennifer, but yeah ... I wrote her ass off a long time ago. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Sweeney was right there with her honestly. Recast Sami with Gina Tognoni and call it a day.

Wanna bet Missy goes nowhere? Do we know Corday/Alarr's political standings? 

Yet Victoria Rowell gets spit on and speaks out and she's blacklisted. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think the list thing has to do with getting written proof someone is behaving badly. Also by using a picture of Michael B Jordan who was on AMC and barely written for who now leads in movies is telling. People are getting receipts of this and even if deleted on their feed it would not be lost.

• Members

I barely follow anyone who acts on soaps on Twitter and I know a few that are in the wrong. That said many want proof and give benefit of doubt again and again. If only due to cognitive dissonance and if they knew it for sure it would make watching that show or those people difficult. 

Edited by ~bl~

• Members

Don't forget about Jen Lilley (ex-Theresa). On second thought, go ahead and forget her. 

Martha Madison's is even better. If I knew how to post it, I would lol. 

That man oozes sex appeal and is talented. He shines in every role he's in. Yet, B&B gives him scraps. 

Oops, should've kept reading

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you 

• Members

DAYS should fire Melissa Reeves this time.  I love Jennifer and have been a Melissa Reeves fan since her days as Jade Perkins on SANTA BARBARA. But she most definitely should be given  a  chance to apologize, I guess first.  IF she refuses, then fire her ass and re-cast.  Beth Chamberlin (ex-Beth, GL), Cady McClain (ex-Dixie, AMC, ex-Rosanna, ATWT, ex-Kelly, Y&R), Gina Tognoni (ex-Phyllis, Y&R ex-Kelly OLTL, ex-Dinah GL), Sandra Dee Robinson (ex-Amanda, AW, ex-Felicia, GH), & Krista Tesreau (ex-Mindy, GL, ex-Tina, OLTL) are some of the opts I've come up with who could take over as Jenn.  I think Beth Chamberlin and Sandra Dee Robinson are the best options looks wise. 

• Members

Reeves is definitely expendable since her acting ability is hardly of Emmy caliber. Liking posts from someone who has defended Hitler and called black people chimpanzees is unacceptable. Candace Owens is a cover for racist white people because she pushes their views. In this climate it wouldn't surprise me if Reeves was fired.