Racism and racial representation on soaps

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOVE. And given what happened to me yesterday much needed to see. Thank you. More respect for PT and I already liked him. And go on, MM. #respect.

But wow at all the pages. I've been getting into my head this week and I'm looking forward to going through this thread for part distraction and part food for thought.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

[!@#$%^&*] confirmed two of the actresses, but I'm curious who's the third. It's a bit disappointing but [!@#$%^&*] said that they mended fences and are cool now. I would like to have more details .

Edit: Not sure why that name is coming out like that, but ok

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

I can’t believe, all these years later, that name is still censored. The drama we used to have on these forums.  

Can we have some real fückery and just cast Florencia Lozano as Jennifer Horton? We already had KdP miscast as Kentucky Fried Eve, and you just know RC wants his Tea/Blair redux...

• Members

Racism, blow up dolls...with these remaining soaps hanging on by a slender thread. Sadly, I think the clock will run out on these shows before they ever get it together to do the right thing.  Also, I need a head count of how many Black writers actually worked  on daytime soaps.

• Members

I'm guessing they only got white dolls. No Black characters will be having sex on BB or that theory about Steffy being with a black man again is out (maybe she'll hook up with a woman) since they're only getting two blow up dolls from what I understood from a previous post and they'll be switching out their wigs depending on the character they represent. 

• Members

I don't think many Black actors would be crying over missing out on the blow up dolls.

These issues that daytime soaps have makes me SMH. I also think viewers who are so afraid that the shows will get canceled that they'll watch any piece of schlock are also complicit. There has bee no collective movement to get these shows improve on their abysmal records on lack of representation, especially behind the scenes and I think because these shows have never had to truly improve, many have lurched toward cancellation with their lack of innovation.