Racism and racial representation on soaps

• Members

She's a troll and an opportunist and I don't believe a word she says. Her claims of being a big wheel in soaps who ghostwrote nonstop are pure fanfic, and her imaginary 'bible' for DAYS was terrible. But it's stupid SON is stricter on her than it is our main troll's obvious side accounts.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And the daughter is hiding behind the fact that Candace Owens is black to justify her mother liking the posts. How predictable. The notion that black people can't be racist against black people is laughable. Then she had the nerve to call people cowardly calling her mother out cowardly when her mother won't even step out and address the issue herself. Everyone is indeed entitled to opinion which means that everyone else is entitled to have their own opinion about a person's backwards beliefs.

• Members

Oof.  Now I have punished myself by watching the daughter’s defense on IG.

The problem with Missy, and now clearly her family, and a lot of fundamentalist Christians is that they write themselves a get out of jail free card by praying on it.  Even if they are wrong, which they are, god will forgive and that allows them to forgive themselves without actually doing anything about it.

She is just flat out wrong.  And I have no issue with her only appearing in Kirk Cameron productions going forward.

• Members

In all of this daytime soap nostalgia that has come with the lockdown intermingling with the spirit of the BLM movement, I still cannot believe that no one has done a video chat, livestream, or podcast with someone like Nathan Purdee or Phil Morris. Nathan Purdee in particular, seems like he'd be open to talking about his experience in soaps.

• Members

I would for someone to interview Purdee in this day and age! I wish someone would find Randy Brooks as well, I don’t know why for sure he left Y&R but he was horribly mistreated by the writers on AW

So of course when Olivia went to heaven in  2000 she met ALW Nathan instead. 

• Members

I’m completely disgusted by Y&R’s Best Show Emmy won last night. They submitted the Kristoff St. John memorial episodes, which were excellent and featured a mostly black cast leading story. These actors are good enough for Emmy bait, but not good enough to lead story? After Kristoff’s memorial they all went off screen or to the back burner. They should’ve submitted episodes with the mostly white cast who actually got screentime.