Days: May 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hello guys, I've been watching days of our lifes for the first time in my LIFE, and I'm deeply disturbed by this show. I've never had nightmares, because of something I've watched...

I started with these 2 playlists, which have the complete Marlena-Devil storyline, I read about it and decided this will be my first taste of the show.

And let me say... I can't stop thinking about this show. I binge watched about 10 episodes and I couldn't believe that this once AIRED on daytime tv. I would say that I'm a horror fan, but just the idea of having the devil on display for 6 months every day on daytime television is shocking and scandalous. How did they pull it off? I can't decide if it's bad or very good... but I can't stop watching. I am completely shocked, that I never knew about this and just find this out. And last night I couldn't sleep after watching so much of it... it's just the atmosphere of the show is scary and disturbing. This is not for daytime for me. If my child have seen this, I would want to sue the show. Haha.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember when DAYS replaced Knots Landing reruns here (ending with the Val finds the babies cliffhanger and took me approx 20 years to get to see that continuation!) leaving me initially pissed off - but I quickly got into DAYS due to them starting with the Vivian buries Carly alive storyline:

God bless James E. Reilly and his messed up Catholic guilt.

• Members

Rex is tied up and yelling muffled through a cloth, and the hotel lady says, “Oh, sorry, I don’t understand American accents.”

I’m howling, y’all 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Right? I'd understand if he had a nasty personality but he seems to be one of the biggest supporters of the show on social media. I guess it's down to his low-effort acting, but then again it's not like Chandler "Smirkey-Face" Massey is better.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by te.

• Members

I agree.  It crossed into just nasty a while ago.  He is a terrible actor.  Well so are most of the daytime actors in his age range on all these shows.   The constant attacks on his physical appearance are pretty awful.

Chandler gets a pass because of his more classically boyish look.  I used to love him in the role, but he has been coasting through years of bad plots since he returned.   But I want a Will that Chandler no longer tries to play.

• Members

It's really gross that insulting Freddie Smith's looks and his up and down weight (I'm sure they're all physical perfection) is accepted here because a couple of weirdos are obsessed with Chandler Massey. The kid would run in the opposite direction if they even breathed near him.

Edited by Darn