Days: May 2020 Discussion Thread

• Members

Maybe crab rangoon farts are an aphrodisiac? 

Word. It's quite distracting and quite honestly, takes you out of the moment when you're watching. Instead of being engrossed in the fictional world of Salem, you're busy recollecting in your mind how many times they've redressed the same damn set. 

Train ticket and each actor's iPhones for video. That'll keep it on the cheap. Post-pandemic, we may see DAYS resorting to Peapack/GL tactics. At least phone cameras have improved drastically since 2009... 

It'll be the best of Marlena, circa 1994-1997 with half of them from the possession era.

Please register in order to view this content

Admittedly, I'd be totally down for this, but I could see Carlivati focusing on his favorite woman in his favorite DAYS era. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ben and Ciara are sickening/repulsive. 

Ciara to Ben:you're the best thing that's ever happen to me.

I have to go tell mom how you propose with fortune cookie and I said yes

yes you met a serial killer and now you're marrying him.....

best thing that ever happened to u? Haha..Who is writing this [!@#$%^&*]?

• Members

This new set is terrible. I guess the old one was too big or they tore it down.

I will never support them. No matter how much the show tries to push them.

My eyes rolled so far back in my head. Bo would NEVER support them.

• Members

The Rafe/Hope den is horrible!  I at least appreciate that the way it's dressed as "Hope's house" aesthetically matches seamlessly with her real set.  I was shocked she got an exterior... the "outdoor set" itself wasn't amazing or anything, but it was a LOT more than we've gotten like that in many, many years.  Plus, the way the camera followed them from the front door around the house to the garage was downright cinematic for "Days" lol.  I understand that they are limited with the sets, but what I don't understand is not using the WHOLE space they're showing us and switching it up with the camera angles/movement.  It takes more time and time is $$, but it's the cheapest way to add visual interest.

• Members

The show has been doing something really interesting with the character depictions in the last 2 or so weeks.  And I want to say it's interesting but I cant figure out the motivation.  It's almost like Ron feels compelled or was forced to respond to the all whitewashing he was doing, particularly with Ben and Stefan.  But we've seen it with Gabi and Kristen, too.

Like, there was a lot of genuine narrative tension between Kristen's past and psychotic tendencies vs. being "changed" and innately maternal.  It felt like they were truly letting the viewer decide for themselves what was up.  While in contrast, 2 months ago (even 1 month ago) they were beating us over the head with "Kristen is a good person now, feel sorry for her!!!!!"

And the Ben/Jake necktie joke was definitely trolling... but it was equally a middle finger to the audience AND self-recognition of just how CRAZY this $h!t with Ben is.  And notice how Hope wasn't thrilled about the announcement... before she turned into PG, she would have misappropriated Salem PD funds to throw them a parade.  Something has changed.  But Ciara is still the worst EVER!!!

But it's obviously Abby's story that is really highlighting that, at the very least, Ben, Gabi, and Stefan did horrifying, evil things to her... and RC might not be saying that they're horrifying, evil people, but he's acknowledging their past, while before he was moving mountains to ignore that $h!t and play the "great loves" of Cin and Stabi.  Of course, ABBY being the character they're using for this is a whole other, totally valid critique and maybe that's why RC is finally doing it... because he can suggest Abby (and Chad) are not the moral standard to set anyone against.  But whatever, I am really liking all this.  Just let the characters be; no need to make everyone a hero when they're clearly NOT (GH's Sonny/Carly/Jason is always the golden example here).