Days: May 2020 Discussion Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have stopped watching Days. Will is leaving yet they are cutting his scenes. Aren't the scenes from the poorly written Adrienne story? Days is a joke and should've been canceled long time ago. I find it amusing that the people who fired Chandler are congratulating him on his Emmy nomination. I hope wins. You know they'll be knocking on his door to return after the Emmys are done with.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

So I've been watching DAYS almost every day since the quarantine started. And I don't understand who the little boy they're all fighting over is. They've done just a horrible job with this storyline.

Who is this little boy exactly and why are they all fighting over him?

Don't answer that, as it's a rhetorical question. I neither care nor understand why I'm supposed to care.

Edited by juppiter

• Members

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I think it might be time to put John and Marlena on the back burner, at least for a little while.

I know it’s hard to write for them because after all these years, something coming between them and breaking them up won’t seen believable anymore. But when all you can write for them is for them to be constantly kidnapped or held hostage, it’s starts to get a little tedious. 

Same goes for Ben and Ciara. Apart from all of them, I’m enjoying the show.

• Members

Agreed! I actually love the John and Marlena danger stories but it is time for it to have a break and they simply do not have the budget for this. It feels like they just threw darts at the wall for the Stefano and Orpheus stories. There was absolutely no point in either one. 

They skipped months/years of angst for Ciara and Ben (I am over him being a killer, soaps will never learn and they have chemistry IMO) but the story isn't there. For John and Marlena I would love to see Marlena with am actual patient or both solving mysteries connected to the younger characters in an important but not front burner role. 

• Members

I thought her relationship with Will was one of the better familial relationships on this show.

I think John should be a cop, and there should always be a mystery or something to investigate so he has a piece of the story, even if it is not “his”.  Especially since Roman is not a cop anymore.  Marlena can assist as a therapist, and they can also deal with life as an older couple.

Also at this point I would have one or two of Sami’s kids in town, maybe for school, maybe one of them is mad at Sami, and you could easily have them living with Marlena and of course they do not get along, just like Sami and Carrie.

This show is the only one left that could so easily settle into a small town vibe- The Spectator, the police department, the Hospital, the town square.  Salem is right there waiting to rebrand and it would work beautifully.

• Members

I think that would be interesting. Maybe one of Sami's kids is acting out and she ships them off to Marlena and John for the summer so the grandparents can get them together. Eventually, maybe a return from Sami as well. 

• Members

I agree that John and Marlena should be with their kids but it seems like there is more of this coming up.  The problem isn't really John/Marlena action stories, it's the fact they happen back to back.   I love their stories, but I wish they would have ditched most of John/Marlena's involvement with Stevano (ie his renewed Queen of the Night crap) and let this Orpheus story build better over a longer period of time and for it to make more sense.  I think Orpheus is a pretty good villain, even if you have to ignore the fact that Orpheus's beef is actually with Roman, not John.  And I thought the cliffhanger from yesterday was good.

Days is the opposite of GH.  They rely too heavily on their vets, but I don't think their younger generation can really carry the show.  Eric/Nicole/Brady/Sarah, etc are okay, but nothing special.  Days really screwed itself over the years by dismantling the Last Blast Crew and letting Carrie/Austin/Lucas go.  And they still keep cutting their younger cast.   Days loves it's action and adventure stories, but they have no one under 60 that can carry them on.