GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

This is almost satire. They have to know that a large portion of lapsed viewers associate the show’s downfall with the rise of Sonny so they’re just spitting in our face because they can.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They had so much from the 50th on Soapnet.  If they are going to do best of Sonny actually do the best of Sonny which was obviously pre-2000.  They dug good episodes out for Brenda's return too.  I am not sure what the issue is.  I get they have these pre-packaged sets already that they released on ABC.com, but at some point they are going to have to seek some older episodes I think.

• Members

Yes. Though it led to Alan’s death, which was the biggest mistake GH ever made, the story itself was great. You’d never see a storyline like it on GH nowadays. The whole crisis is posted on YouTube 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I'll definitely check it out. I've heard it mentioned so often on here that I wasn't sure if it was being overblown or not. I haven't really watched GH since 2006, but I see the Metro Court stuff happened shortly after I stopped watching. 

• Members

As stated by others- it was a near perfect sweeps event.  They crisis itself just happened- no backstory needed.  While it was exciting, they actually took the time to explore the relationships of the characters during the event.

The sad part is that they chose to kill off Alan Quartermaine.  Which was heartbreaking.

• Members

I just looked at the ratings and GH did really well that sweeps period. It even had 2 weeks above 4 million viewers and big increases from the year before. Actually, most of the soaps were doing really well in those last weeks of Jan. and early Feb. 2007. GL was also doing well in comparison. Too bad I can't remember what was going on

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

For the most part, these GH classic episodes are duds.

i find myself playing the “Look at how short his hair is” and “God, she’s gained a lot of weight since then,” and “Gee, he had big bags under his eyes even then.” 

The Nurses Ball eps were fun for a couple days, then...just no. How many Wally Kurth songs can one sit through? Those singing kids were pretty awful. Oh, and that Maura West solo S&M performance was just flat out embarrassing.