• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol. Just don't say their names three times

Please register in order to view this content

I'd say they're similar with the hard bodied Nathan, Chase, etc. not much different though I like Paevey and Swickard far better than any of the brothers on OLTL.

I'm so tired of the ass kissing.

and extra  for Lurch

Just bitching about Frank and figured you'd like to chime in. He was just as messy on OLTL, etc.

• Members

I would gladly take a Ford brother over the dud hunks Frank/ABC has hired over and over since he landed at GH.  Chase has been the only one I could stand.  Not that I loved the Fords, but still.

And yes, everyone has forgotten what saved the show and drove ratings up when he and Ron got there.  Yes, we had to sit through Todd, Starr, and McBain eating up airtime.  But we also got vets returning left and right, the Robin story (which was dragged out and therefore made for a payoff because of KMc), etc.  There was energy, lots of mini stories being woven around longer term stories.  It was not perfect, but it was so much better than JFP and Guza/Wolf had given us for the last couple of years.

Once bland as all get out Passanante took over, the show has stayed lethargic except for that bright spot from the late fall until February-ish.

• Members

Lol don't worry I won't.

But I guess we can add Brando to that list now lol

Agreed.

I thought those first years of Frank and Ron were really good. The OLTL invasion didn't even bother me, but around 2015 it just seem to fall apart. Since then, the show's sort of been bouncing back and forth between good and lousy. Sadly, lousy seems to be winning the battle, but I'm sure some of that was probably Frank and Varni.

• Members

Someone posted a short video clip of the new Corinthos house and its possibly the worst thing I've seen in regards to re-designing sets.  There's way too much going on in that small space.  The colors are not Sonny at all.  The kitchen is too large for that space.  It looks like an apartment where someone is trying to be retro and don't realize more things only make it look smaller.  

First Sam dressing like Dorothy Zbornak and now this?!  How do you guys stand it?  Where's the escape soaps are supposed to provide?  

• Members

Remember when Frank got a wet one when he saw Mikey Jerome?  His tongue sticking out....lol. He quickly won ...the who wants to be a soap star even though there were much better actors to choose from..

Official Website of Mikey Jerome

mj005.jpg

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The set is horrible.

And Monaco looks drunk or on something most of the time now, IMO.

It was definitely better. A lot of that was Ron. Frank didn't try keeping most of them around, except Bobbie, Scott, Kevin and Felicia, all of whom are reduced to being a dayplayer most of the time. None of them are on contract or used well. That also falls on the writers, of course. But I'm guessing they're limited in who they can use and when based on budget.

Frank also dumped Genie back then too, for example (and Ron got all pissy because Geary didn't want LnL reunited so off Laura went). He'd never dump Erika Slezak. 

The show was shifting around 2014. You could tell Ron had no interest in writing Franco and Nina (LSD trip anyone?). We also got Billy Miller as Drew and AJ and Duke were shoved out and killed again (this was Ron but Frank is the producer). It became a mess.

LOL yep. He has a type and it's SO obvious even Stevie Wonder could see it.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yep. Now it's Nelle running around. Lucy's still an extra. I'd love for Lucy to get even half the airtime Nina does.

Yeah they did. We haven't seen it in forever. We barely even see Kevin and now Laura just floats around town.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

One of the reasons I think having a set like the Brownstone is so great, especially when a show has a limited budget, is that it places characters together in an organic way.  You had the courtyard, the front steps, Bobbie’s part of the house, the stairs and apartments.  Maxie, Lulu, and people like Chase or Willow could be living there.

Felicia’s apartment was not a large set, and it lead to conversations with Bobbie and other tenants all the time.