Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Haha I have that book and I know there’s a couple glaring omissions(for example Jason Carter nor Molly Stark are not listed despite having a minor D-story in 1986) and as you mentioned several of the dates are wayyyyyy off. But it is pretty comprehensive overall for the first 25 years! 

My Most Memorable Moments book’s cast list is just as bad, it doesn’t even list Bond Gideon for Jill nor have all the Greg’s listed LOL. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Yes! It says:  Charles De Vries, 1982; Carl Strano 1983

Even this is inaccurate, though... the first Max, Charles De Vries, made an appearance in an early '83 clip, so really it should be 1982-83

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Cannot believe the terrible 2010 Y&R episode with the Lauren doppelganger (Sheila's sister??) had the gall to directly quote actual dialogue from Orson Welles' incredible The Lady from Shanghai while also ripping off its famous funhouse hall of mirrors sequence. They gave Evil Lauren some of Everett Sloane's dialogue. If soaps are going to lift from classic film, make sure the story is good!

Edited by Vee

• Members

LOL @Vee MAB & Co. never ever had an original thought ever!  Almost all of her stories were redos and ripoffs from previous Y&R stories, while Sheffer recycled his trashy ATWT and Days stories while Hamner(he did not inherit his father Earl Jr.'s talent at all!) borrowed elements from movies and primetime. In addition to the above, I seem to recall Cane/Caleb's death was ripoffed from The Untouchables, Kevin and Chloe's courtship was a blatant ripoff from Pretty in Pink(they even called themselves Andie and Duckie!) and Victor and Genevieve were originally planned to do An Affair to Remember before it was thrown out last minute. 

Perhaps the only original story the three of them told was the volcano story. It also probably remains the worst story ever screened on Y&R

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Im liking the Christine appreciation. She was a great adversary to Phyliss in comparison to Sharon. Cricket is way too serious and humorless these days. The JT storyline also reflected negatively on her. She spent her days in legal aid defending women from abuse now she's prosecuting them. Likewise she helped Sharon back in the day now she's prosecuting her. To me, Michael Baldwin (had he retained his edge) would function better as a nasty and aggressive prosecutor, than Christine who has deeper ties to the canvas.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Finally on Cassie’s death. After finally seeing Cassie as a child because of the classics and how hard they fought to get Cassie, it’s really well done and super sad. All three actors: Case, Morrow, and Grimes delivered amazingly. I’m not as down on Morrow as most people, but this is easily the best work of his career. That haunting version of Nadia’s theme after she flatlines...chills.

And I know Nick and Sharon love their other kids, but they REALLLLLY loved Cassie.

I hate that it was the catalyst to PHICK, who is probably my least favorite soap pairing.

Edited by Antoyne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Some really good observations, the one about the deep love that Sharon and Nick had for Cassie offers some food for thought. When I think about it, I think it might have been because Cassie was the child that they had to fight for after choosing to be her parents. Noah was kind of a surprise that almost everyone blamed Sharon for- presumably to trap Nick into committing to fatherhood and family prematurely (how ironic, considering the role that Nick would devote himself the most to is that of a father). Even Faith, who was yanked away from Sharon at birth, courtesy of Adam, referred to herself as a "love-child", she was unplanned. Sharon and Nick very much decided to fight for the chance to be Cassie's parents.

Judging from the livestream that all three actors did awhile back when they discussed those hospital scenes, J.M. knows that this was his best work.

And same about "Phick" on All Of It!