• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Now that the classics are over 

Please register in order to view this content

what were your favorite episodes?

#1 for me of course is 11/3/81, with the classic line: “Time’s running out, Lorie… for both of us!!”

The July ’90 ep with Nikki's striptease, Mamie visiting Dru in jail, Lauren running around in that ridiculous princess dress, and Sheila making her first moves on Scott was also excellent.

And the ’94 Christine bachelorette party was such a blast, having all the ladies together.

I was also surprised to find the 2006 eps to be not awful. Seems that Kay Alden was still a co-head-writer in 2006 along with Lynn Latham, so Kay must have kept Lynn from going off the rails. It was only after Kay departed at the end of ’06, leaving Lynn alone to run things, that the writing quality took a serious turn for the worse.  2007: Pheila… Dru dies… need I say more?

• Members

My favorites, in chronological order:

- The masquerade ball 

- Sheila, Lauren and Molly at the farmhouse

- The bachelorette party for Christine
- Jill and Kay’s attic fight
- The Glow by Jabot pool episode (wasn’t the main s/l but that’s what I most associate with that era)

- Kay’s intervention (both episodes)

The ‘81 episode was before my time but fascinating to watch from a historical standpoint.

• Members

Other than what's been mentioned already:

-The second episode

-Kay's facelift (even though I literally had to turn away!)

-Neil & Dru's Honeymoon - This episode was so good all the way through. Every line between Jill, Rex, and then John was gold. I smiled so much watching this.

-Cassie's testimony

-Victor coming back from the dead

Of the post-2005 episodes, I enjoyed John's funeral and Billy/Chloe's wedding.

And then there were poignant moments in certain episodes like Neil today saying God has a plan for everyone.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

My favorites from the 1980s in date order were Nikki's first visit to the Newman Ranch, Katherine's facelift, and Beth Maitland's Emmy winning episode. I would have included Victor and Nikki's 1984 wedding if that hadn't already been broadcast in 2016.

My favorites from the 1990s in date order were Neil and Dru's first meeting, Victor reveals he's alive to Jack, Shemar's first episode, Victor gives Nick a boxing lesson, Victor puts Nikki's makeup on while she's in the hospital, and I WILL CRUSH YOU!

I didn't really have any favorites from 2000-2005 and 2006-onward I skipped. I think Victor and Nikki's 2002 wedding was also a second time broadcast.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

It's odd: I had the exact same feeling when over at B&B Brad Bell suddenly decided by 2006 that Brooke has always been Ridge's lady of affection when Taylor&RIdge were super stable for a long period before and made a much better couple - also because it also took Brooke down by being with Ridge. Same with Phyllis on Y&R...

• Members

The 2020 music isn’t bad, but the original cue is SO much better. Completely different atmosphere to the entire scene, and I have no idea why they’d even touch it.

BTW, I thought Christel Khalil was just terrific in this episode. 

• Members

@Darn and I talked about this a few weeks ago, but the fùck energy with Nick and Phyllis in '05 or whenever before Cassie died was off the charts. The affair was the right thing to do, and the antagonistic energy was also crackling. Making it true love was what never worked and has never worked, and I'm not someone who particularly cares who Sharon is with. Soaps don't let people just fùck anymore because they want to fùck - there's always some bullshit rationale, or it turns into soppy Valentine's Day.

Edited by Vee