Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I noticed that.  Thought I was hearing things, or that they may have found a better version of the original piece of music.  It's very similar, yet seems a bit different, with more of a beat.  I don't know...

There were also a couple of modern cues added that I know were not there there originally, maybe to fill some quiet scenes.  The rest of the music seems to be original.

• Members

Did the 1973 opening ever get an update? And did Jeanne Cooper or Jaime Lyn Bauer ever appear in it?  I know it was altered around 1975, but Y&R was always slow to update their opening credits until the JFP era. Like the show would go 2+ years without adding prominent cast members. And up to 6 years for the opening at the end of MAB’s run. The red opening never added any new cast members in the early 2000s. And the 1990s opening was only updated every 2 or 3 years.

• Members

So glad to finally see the second episode!

Please register in order to view this content

The first and second shows edited together actually worked really well and though some things were cut it was still easy to follow along with the sequence of the scenes. 

Seeing the entire Brooks family together (minus Lorie) was great, It's interesting how Bill Bell definitely explained the class difference between the upper working class Brooks and the Poorer Fosters just by the dinner scenes, and we see the Foster household where an exhausted Liz has to basically act as both father and mother. It's definitely easy to tell where Snapper and then later Jill would get the desperation to make sure their family wouldn't stay poor for the rest of their lives. I guess Greg was the only Foster Sibling to not really try to appear as a social climber. 

• Members

Global has 7/27's episode Date:#5,436: OAD: 8/30/94!

EDIT: Found recap from Google Fourms:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/rec.arts.tv.soaps/before$3A1994$2F09$2F05/rec.arts.tv.soaps/NZ3Etzvpx_Y

Looks like we are going to see:
- Victoria Centerfold Drama
-Nick,Sharon,Amy, Matt Stuff

-Dru's Pregnancy Drama.

Edited by YRfan23