Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 (Tues CDN)
(Original US airdate: March 12, 1993) 
Newlyweds Neil and Dru celebrate their union with family and friends. 
Michael plots his revenge against Cricket.

^ description from Daytime Confidential (maybe from a press release?)

I just watched it on the playlist.
What a watered down description!

What actually happens:

Neil and Dru's wedding reception and wedding night.

Michael spends the entire episode breaking through the wall, brick by brick, into Christine's apartment, declaring how he will make her pay. He is quite scary. He breaks through and the episode ends.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I’m excited for episode 2! I’ve seen 1 and also when they had the current cast read the script so I know that episode in and out. I’ve always wondered what came next. For years CBS All Access has had the first 25 episodes of B&B. I’d love something like that for Y&R. Especially for a soap I feel you need to see the full first 5 episodes if you mean to treat it like a proper pilot. I look forward to meeting Jill and seeing more of Diedre Hall. One shocker since it’s fan favorite week is that they didn’t do two Katherine episodes from the 70s. EVERYBODY knows the Katherine/Phillip story whether you’re a newer or older viewer. 

Beyond that I’m excited to see the facelift as well. Curious who else is in the episode and hoping for Brenda Dickson! The Dru/Neil episode I recently watched, but I just love that they’re focusing on them for a fan favorite week. It’s a very good episode. The end of Michael’s original story was excellent. I loved how Nina got thrown into it as well. Just a little extra touch many wouldn’t think to do, but it was so much better than had he actually raped her. 

• Members

I just really need them to not do the film processing on those 70s episodes. Did they ever do it on any others besides that one 80s ep from a few weeks ago? I can see them thinking "These are old, we have to make them look more modern." No, you're literally ruining the aesthetic.

• Members

Oh that would be golden to see Lol

And the fact that they can pull the first 2 episodes out of there vault, means they probably have majority of the other lost episodes that haven't been aired since its orginal run.

• Members

I think so ive never heard anything about the second episode ever before, I cant wait to see who what happened in episode two.

Im sure we will see brenda dickson and other fosters debut and some of the brooks girls but it sucks we wont see Katherine/Phillip/Lorie yet lol