Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today’s episode was awful. I hated it when it aired and I hate it more now.

It’s Josh Griffith at his worst as Executive Producer — a short arc that is out of nowhere and meaningless to future story. MAB was headwriter, so I don’t know who to blame more.

Michael Edward Gross was great on Family Ties, but he is so miscast as this ashram guru. Terrible performance. What a waste to spend money on that set.

This episode did remind me just how good Emily O’Brien was as Jana, and how they screwed up her character. She’d be great to still have around.

The rest of the show was really low energy.  This episode should have been left in the vault.

Edited by ranger1rg

• Members

That was such an odd storyline I kind of even forgot it even occurred lol. This was at a time when they were still trying to expand the Baldwin/Fisher clan so they brought in Lowell/River & Eden. Both flopped, but I did like the twist of how Lowell did turn out to be a very guilt criminal after getting his charges dropped instead of the usual redemption angle of "we're changed people!"  the show was pushing for every Baldwin/Fisher clan member at the time. 

Three or four actresses played Eden, aside from the stuff with Noah & Ricky I don't even remember what else she did now. Did we ever find out about Noah's terrible secret of what he did to Eden that caused her bulimia? I remember rumors that he raped her or sold into prostitution but I don't recall the show addressing aside from Eden forgiving Noah and giving him her blessing to chase after Hunter or whoever she was. 

Jana was a fun, wacky character and her and Kevin at least made sense as the town's pariah couple, much more than the dull and lifeless pairing of Kevin & Chloe that Jana was sacrificed for. 

• Members

What a difference from last week. Paul & Christine week was one of the best, episode wise, followed by Baldwin week which was one of the worst. 

This might be morbid but a major character deaths week might be something: Drucilla, Brad, Colleen, Phillip II & III, Rex. (Cassie & John's death are always brought up so that might be repeditive). 

Edited by ironlion