Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

That is wonderful news ! I think we will see Brenda Dickson and Julianna McCarthy in their first scenes !

I saw the first episode quite a few times but the 2nd had never been shown again I think !

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought that was what the link said. But the wording is very confusing.

Uh...help...?

See above.

But looking at your message...it sounds like I might have read the link right. And I'm VERY EXCITED now.

• Members

Yep, it says episodes number one and two, from March of 1973, will be broadcast again this Monday, July 20, 2020.

Please record them, people, particularly the second episode. We may never get the chance to see and save this episode again. (The debut ep is already available among collectors.)

• Members

Yes, woohoo.

I'm sure, but I will take what I can get.

I dropped cable TV almost a decade ago, and watch all my TV on-line now, through services like Netflix, so I rely on the good people here at SON to record these treasures if they still subscribe to CBS.

• Members

This satisfies my wish for a "through the decades" week.

Please register in order to view this content

It actually is giving a good cross-section of the fans what they want (there are people who have been clamoring for more recent stuff; to each his own). I knew they would show the Katy Perry one eventually, groan. I would rather see a Katherine episode from the 1970s than the pilot again, but I can't quibble with Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday's picks.  

• Members

IMO not true but especially around the Carmine story someone at CBS decided to make them a stale couple that has to exist - this killed these characters. Apart from that they still could be highly enjoyable and were before 2014 (?)

I cannot remember whether Jana was on the show a couple of weeks before LML or whether she was brought on particularly by her. Anyway; Jana was ONE of the very last classic Y&R characters which got a backdoor introduction as a waitress and eventually became a proper multidimensional character. Emily OBrian was really good (I loved her accent) - and just hearing her name brings back some good memories. Kevin was as played out as Jana when she was offed.