Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

I've shared this before on SON but my husband and I live in Corbett's childhood home in Collingswood, NJ. It's ironic since I always disliked him on RH, SFT, and Y&R. My husband and I have both been in contact with him and he seems to be a nice guy. He was elated when we told him that we found his childhood school ruler and wallet, and discovered his mother's art easel in the rafters of our garage. His mother Margaret Cianfrani was a famous award-winning artist who died in 2017 at the age of 101. You can see some of her portraits of Michael here:

http://www.margetheartist.com/gallery1.html

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Big improvement!! 1973!!!! At least their willing to show 70s episodes so that's a step in the right direction.

Was thinking I haven't seen any of Y&R from 08 in a long time and here it is again. If there's anything I recall from that time it's the Marge 2.0 story. Hopefully the weeks aren't becoming like  B&B where they start off strong with one or two Classics then fall into newer episodes at the end of the week.

Since 90s Lauren hasn't really had any interesting story unless it was tied around Sheila, IMO. Michael Baldwin needed to retain that edge as a nasty lawyer with a villainous streak, he's far too ingrained in the town establishment now. How did Christine even consider getting engaged to Michael???

Lauren with her male equal Brad was interesting. I wonder if pairing her with Victor was ever a consideration. She isn't his type though, wounded and needy.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Episode numbers from Global.

Descriptions from Daytime Confidential:

Monday, July 20, 2020 (Fri 7/17 CDN)
The very first two episodes of Y&R will air for viewers to see.
(They were 30-minute episodes).
(Original US airdates: March 26 and 27, 1973)
#1 The mysterious Brad Elliot (Tom Hallick) comes to Genoa City.
#2 We are introduced to the Brooks and Foster families.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 (Mon CDN)
(Original US airdate: March 28, 1984)
Katherine views her facelift.
Dina becomes suspicious of Ashley (Eileen Davidson). 
Victor and Nikki’s relationship is put to the test.
Cricket starts her modeling career at Jabot. 

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 (Tues CDN)
(Original US airdate: March 12, 1993) 
Newlyweds Neil and Dru celebrate their union with family and friends. 
Michael plots his revenge against Cricket.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 (Wed CDN)
(Original US airdate: June 6, 2008)
CORRECTED DATE:  June 12, 2008.
Katy Perry is center stage at Restless Style. 
Jill needles Gloria. 
Adam (Chris Engen) pleads his case to Victor.

Friday, July 24, 2020 (Thurs CDN)
(Original US airdate: August 14, 2015)
Neil makes amends with Devon and Hilary on their wedding day.
Lauren gives Hilary some words of advice. 
Devon walks down the aisle with a bombshell.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thurs July 23 US (Wed July 22 CDN)

SOD has episode 8914 as June 2, 2008.

Daytime Confidential says it's June 6, 2008.

But IMDB has it as June 12, 2008.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245347

full cast showing Katy Perry
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245347/fullcredits

tv.com description 

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-young-and-restless/ep-8914-1208014/

Victor decides to reward Adam after the lawsuit and he gives him the permission to change Beauty of Nature into anything he'd like. An excited Adam shows Victor and Sabrina a portfolio of ideas he already got and they plan to run it together. Adam and Sabrina bond. Sabrina worries that Victor gave Adam a reward in a way to punish Victoria, and she worries Vikki and Nick might not come to their wedding. Lauren keeps getting frustrated when Gloria accuses an innocent woman of shoplifting. Jill and Jeff arrive at the boutique for a little shopping and Gloria intentionally spills coffee on Jill. She then lies to Jeff that she slept with Alistair. Jack, Nick, Sharon and Phyllis continue bickering while worrying about Katy Perry coming to Restless Style. After the photo shoot, Jack tells the gang that he wants to scrap the cover because the advertisers don't like seeing a pop star on the cover, but Nick immediately refuses to do it. Jana, Lauren and Kevin are worried that Gloria might be planning another scheme. Katherine urges Jill to let Jeff be with Gloria. Jill seduces Jeffrey at the office

June 12, 2008 soapcentral recap 

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2008/080609.php#thu

Chris Engen as Adam

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Is it bad I remember some folks on boards(can’t remember if it was here or other boards) criticized having some “cheap newbie singer” appear on the cover of Restless Style? I think Perry had just dropped I Kissed a Girl shortly before it. But hey getting Danny Romalotti to sing for Restless Style’s grand opening party and first issue  was considered a coup right?

Please register in order to view this content

I am glad to see Katherine’s face lift get aired! Same with Jill’s first episode  

As for 2015 I know some would like to see Devon & Hilary again but that whole description “Neil makes amends...” What happened next is still disturbing as hell five years later and Neil never recovered from it.

• Members

Has the first episode ever been rebroadcast after its initial airing? I know they've made it officially available online at times, but I can't remember it ever rerunning in the last 20 years (assuming it hasn't mainly bc of the 60-minute time slot).

I figured if they did thirty-minute episodes, they'd just air two on a day. I'm excited! Katherine's facelift is also one of those legendary soap storylines that has become embedded in my family's TV-watching culture. The older folks talk about that like they talk about Who Shot JR?

• Members

In the very first episode of Y&R, actor Tom Hallick's character Brad Eliot hitches a ride into Genoa City. Someone driving a truck picks him up and gives him a ride.

Gina Tognoni's Phyllis began airing in 2014 when she awoke from her coma and then broke out of the hospital and gradually hitchhiked across several states towards Genoa City.

On the final portion of Phyllis' trip, in episode #10506  of 26 September 2014, she hitched a ride from someone driving a truck into Genoa City.  
The driver of the truck was played by the original actor Tom Hallick

-- but he wasn't playing Brad Elliot here. 
Tom Hallick was just playing a random driver.
The scene was done as an homage to Episode #1.
Some of the visuals and dialog were similar.

I think they showed a clip from episode #1 in order to promote episode #10506.

Edit to add article
https://www.tvguide.com/news/tom-hallick-young-restless-1086690/

Edited by janea4old