Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-releases-another-week-of-classic-episodes/

For the week of July 13, Y&R’s five days of classic programming will feature the memorable antics of the Baldwin-Fisher family.

On Monday, July 13, in an episode that originally aired on November 26, 2003, Michael learns about Kevin’s latest scheme.

On Tuesday, July 14, in an episode that originally aired on March 31, 2005, Gloria tells John the truth about Michael and Kevin.

On Wednesday, July 15,  in an episode that originally aired on August 18, 2008, a surprise guest interrupts Kevin and Jana’s wedding, which has Michael and Gloria confronting their pasts.

On Thursday, July 16, in an episode that originally aired on April 12, 2006, Lauren shares unexpected news with Michael, while Gloria and Kevin cover their tracks.

On Friday, July 18, in an episode that originally aired on December 21, 2016, Gloria makes a festive return to Genoa City. Also, Kevin defends his relationship with Chloe.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

soaps.com and daytimeconfidential both have the following descriptions:

Monday July 13, 2020
Michael is made aware of Kevin’s latest plan.
Lily begs forgiveness from mom Dru and dad Neil.
Victor discovers that son Nick has pulled one over on him.
Originally aired: Nov. 26, 2003.

Tuesday July 14, 2020
Gloria confesses the truth about her sons to John.
Jack lays on the Abbott charm for Phyllis.
Nikki wonders whether daughter-in-law Sharon is a good mother.

Originally aired: March 31, 2005.

Wednesday July 15, 2020
A shocking guest appears at Kevin and Jana ’s wedding.
The past returns to haunt Gloria and Michael.
Chloe comes between Lily and Cane.
Originally aired: Aug. 18, 2008.

Thursday July 16, 2020
Lauren shares some surprising news with her husband.
Phyllis refuses to let Sharon encroach on her territory.
Gloria and Kevin work to cover their tracks.
Originally aired: April 12, 2006.

Friday July 17, 2020
Gloria returns to Genoa City just in time for the holidays.
 Kevin stands by Chloe.
Victor and Nikki tackle a challenge in true Newman style.
Originally aired: Dec. 21, 2016.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Odd. I wonder if it’s because it is not too far from the distant past and from a time when many (but not all) still considered the show as decent/fair so they call it “classic”. 

Then again we should be thankful Thudley isn’t picking Y&R’s classics. 

• Members

I mean i consider it to be the shows final classic year but I don’t necessarily want to see those episodes too if that makes sense? Lol

im thankful Maria isn’t the one married to Thudley or else we’d get a week of her greatest hits...

• Members

Oh I completely understand haha I’m trying to rationalize whoever is picking these eps myself. Especially with that ‘05 Sheila episode they aired out of all the Sheila episodes they could have aired.

Please register in order to view this content

Agreed 100%. 

• Members

As much as I miss Olivia on the canvas, i have to agree — she was SO sanctimonious SO often, and such a hypocrite, with Malcolm, with Nate, and with others. She’s inflexible and stubborn as hell, and often very moody.

These classic episodes have shown us an Olivia who is REALLY hard to like.

• Members

Most of the repeats have been absolute yawners, as if they have no clue what to show.

How about Victor's trek on foot through Kansas? ...and as I've said before, Victor's dungeon with Michael Scott?  Nikki & creepy Edward?  Kay faking her death with Suzanne Lynch?  Vanessa jumping?  The Pete Walker mob?  Rose DeVille (the earlier story from '79?)  Derek Thurston's duel with Douglas?

The 1979 through 1981 time frame was particularly interesting.  The hour-long eps began about Feb. 3 of 1980.

• Members

Today's was so bad! The carnival didn't even start til the second half, and there was a total of 6 minutes of "summer fun." The rest of the episode was totally boring (actually so was the carnival...). I wasn't happy with B&B's choices either but at least they picked episodes where something actually happened.

• Members

-Sheila week (1990-93)

*what Michael Baldwin week should have been: (harassing Christine, killing Rebecca, giving his kidney to Danny, anything pre his engagement to Christine basically)

-Kay vs Jill week (pre 1990)

They did a better job than B&B and GH (B&B's problem being far too many episodes have been from the 2010s) but there were definitely a few misses such as villains week. Overall as it has been said repetitively, GH, Y&R, & B&B should have aired weeks of a single story line, rather than disjointed episodes.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I agree with the poster who said that these classic episodes have shown us an Olivia who is REALLY hard to like. I wasn't watching much when Olivia first aired. I'm sure there must have been times when Olivia was enjoyable. Can anyone recommend some epis where she she was loving and/or fun?  Even if they aren't on youtube, I could read the recaps.

Edited by janea4old