Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

It's kind of disappointing. It's a repeat after all and it was posted online. If they reair it again it's taking away an episode from us. It's not like that one is so great that it must air on TV.

I actually like next week's picks, except for the 2019.

@mikelyons I uploaded the last 4 classics in the vault https://bit.ly/2A3Bnhv created by @ChickenNuggetz92 along with a bunch of episodes from 1999 (the "I Will Crush You" week). Hoping more people will post stuff there. You don't need an account to do so and you can open the link in incognito mode.

The B&B vault seems to be far more active than the Y&R. Sadly I just noticed BobTV who was posting a ton of soaps on YT (used to be genoacityguy) got his account terminated. I wish I knew how to get in touch with him. This is the worst YT has been in a while and the vault provides a good backup.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Regarding episode 7150 (Shick fantasy tent date) from June 7, 2001:
The USA national preemption on June 9th was for George Floyd's funeral which was more like a national event.  

Normally, Y&R posts something on twitter (and sometimes facebook) when when there is a preemption, explaining the situation.  However all Y&R and B&B social media went completely silent on June 1st, except for retweeting/reposting the official CBS  Black Lives Matter support statement.  Other than prepared weekly promos, there was nothing from B&B and Y&R social media for two weeks. Just silence. I had no idea that the epi had been preempted in the USA because I watched it on Global.

Episode 7150 did get uploaded to cbs.com, and some viewed it there, but .... apparently it has been taken down since then?

Regarding episode Episode 6673 from July 19, 1999 (Camryn's Emmy win), which was planned to air on Fri. June 26, 2020 in USA:
I know there were interruptions due to Pence's coronavirus update. but was the episode "officially" preempted?
This time Y&R social media accounts were active. However there was nothing from Y&R social media about any preemption. But Y&R spent that entire day posting fifty gazillion things on their social media accounts about the 2020 Emmy awards show which was airing that night.
I'm not a soap insider so I don't know how to determine what an official preemption is.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The classic for Wednesday was fantastic! The 94-96 period is the one I’ve seen the least of so I love a chance to see these episodes, despite Paul and Christine being the most boring part. The actresses playing Luan and Mai were great and especially Mai I think it’s a shame she wasn’t utilized more. From what I know I don’t think she ever got a love interest. Now in addition to wanting Keemo to return, I’d love for him to bring Mai along with him. 

• Members

Global has episode #11720

for CBS to air on from July 10, 2020

IMDB has wrong date/episode number correlations for 2019 and 2020.

The correct date/episode correlation for this one is:
#11720 from July 3, 2019

Devon and Elena go to the carnival as their first official date. (Devon says their attempted date at the grand opening of "Society" restaurant doesn't count because that was the night that Neil died).  Victor is ill and Victoria is running the business, but Nikki catches Victor looking at some paperwork, so she pulls him away to spend time having fun at the carnival.

(The rest of the episode is Adam/Phyllis, Nick/Chelsea and Chelsea's husband Calvin. And a whiny drunk Summer.). Ugh.

http://tvmegasite.net/updates/yr/2019/yr-07-03-19.shtml

Edit to add: the carnival scenes are only a few minutes of the epi.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

There are several other old videos of Vanessa in this playlist...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFukuXXHudGghHE5rSrID_sKlkqaYuWYw

...one showing a very brief clip of her spying on Lance (John McCook) and Lorie through a 2-way mirror from the other room.  I had forgotten how crazy and diabolical she would be.

Edited by trainman

• Members

When did soaps stop making friendships (like Nina/Cricket) a priority? There are so few friendships on soaps, aside from people like Jason and Carly on GH and unexpected treats like Lani and Kristen on DAYS?

A lot of black folks in today’s 1996 opening: Neil, Dru, Malcolm, Olivia, and Adam Lazarre-White’s Nathan.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

This Paul/Christine week has been truly great all around! So many important characters showcased throughout the week, so many classic soap conventions that were destroyed or just avoided over the last 15-20 years, etc.

I know Paul/Christine have a reputation for being a bore, but coming in as a very casual Y&R viewer, this wedding is one of the most beautifully shot I’ve ever seen, and their impromptu vows were pure soap romance. All of it made even better by the room full of important characters there to witness it along with the small moments like Nina/Christine and Paul/Mary leading up to it.

Olivia is a classic soap heroine in every way, and it’s sickening bc she should be 30 years deep into drama on the show’s current canvas. She should be the matriarch that AMC made Angie at the end and online.

• Members

Of course Shemar just happened to be changing clothes on this episode. I swear every week during Shemar's first three years, there was a scene of him either working out without a shirt on or changing clothes

Please register in order to view this content