Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Christine and Paul lying unconscious on those wet city streets after being mowed down by Phyllis, as the camera cranes up—still haunting. No way a soap could pull off such a set piece today. Even the passersby who rushed in to help would be too expensive.

• Members

I have been reading the "rec.arts.tv.soaps" newsgroup which included Y&R through December 1994. And then the "rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs" newsgroup which is where Y&R went starting in December 1994.  There was a lot of loathing of Christine.

The person who recapped the hit-and-run episode on the newsgroup in 1994 concludes their report with this "How exciting!!  My first day as an updater and I get to report the squashing of the bug."

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I still hate how  in 2012 how Phyllis tried to pass if off, with Stafford hysterically shouting:” I LOST CONTROL OF THE CAR...IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!”

this was attempted murder pure and simple, and it’s ridiculous even for soap standards how Phyllis got away with that.

• Members

Because I know I'll be looking for them later on, thank you @kalbir for that list.

Please register in order to view this content

And I am at home today and I did not know Luan had a whole family in Genoa City...I was a kid though. Does anyone know if they were written out or just faded away after Luan's death? Before?

• Members

Lol I forgot about that...sometimes I do hate the negativity viewers gave the show even back then, but I guess there was always something to complain about even when the show was good! Most of the time I find the recaps to pale in comparison, to seeing the actual episode!

• Members

I was looking for the same information and found this blogpost explaining what happened to Keemo:

https://glmanny.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/faq-whatever-happened-to-keemo-abbott/

Watching as a kid, I was a fan of Volien family and wondered where Keemo went and why Jack never mentioned him.

Despite the awkward scenes with Luan and Keemo learning "American customs," the actors involved were excellent. Elizabeth Sung played Luan's excitement and reticence over going away with Jack perfectly. She fit in well with the other cast in the bachelorette party, too. I think 1994 had one of the best casts in Y&R's history.

• Members

I love seeing Mari Jo on my big screen again too, so underrated. This video below was an early appearance of hers as she spun her web of duplicity and fitting into Genoa City. I definitely think the haunting/chilling score that plays over her scenes starting @9:46 in the video below definitely suits her mysteriousness: