Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When new episodes return, it'll be back to tuning in like once every three months and barely paying attention to episodes for me. Thank goodness a lot of y&r content has been available listed and unlisted on the web. Hopefully that lasts!

• Members

Y&R August 2000-Ho boy Russell Lawrence was lousy as Carter/Matt. Y&R should never have hired someone best known for Power Rangers lol, thankfully we’d have Hearst step in shortly afterward. Larry’s return was fun though. 

Phyllis had only been back less than a month at this point. 

The Billy/Mac romance was great stuff and if probably planned it would still be a central focus on the show today. Thanks for destroying it Y&R

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Rick Hearst was about 10 years too old to be Matt Clark. He should've been brought on as a new executive at Jabot or Newman, that might have suited him better.

The original Billy/Mac story was good but got ruined by recasts.

Any idea of what next week's classics are? Global has no episode numbers on their site so far.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

I don’t believe it has been, the only 2000 episode I’ve remember seeing repeated before was Billy&Mac being named King & Queen at prom for in like 2001 or something. 

Hearst was great in the role but I can see him being considered too old for it. I like the idea of him coming on a new Jabot or Newman executive though, he would have nailed it after his Alan-Michael days. I know the show was disappointed in seeing him go and had kept stretching it with his ghostly appearances. 

• Members

Thank you. Not sure why the episode seemed familiar, may just have been something about the episode that felt familiar. 

I think Hearst is wonderful. One of the bright spots when I watched GH. I actually wasn't aware he was on GL until fairly recently and I watched some episodes and he was a great Alan Michael. 

• Members

Kym Douglas is correct.

I always felt there was something so sadistic about killing John Abbott a year after Bill Bell died - it was like Bill's avatar, Bill's link to the show, had to go. And then she went and killed off Brad and Colleen too...

• Members

Wednesday’s episode was fantastic! Who knew this theme would be so good? The Glo by Jabot stuff made me miss this show having a good teen scene. I also liked how Jill, Jack and Phyllis were involved (Katherine too) so it wasn’t just an isolated teen story. This could easily be redone with Charlie, Mattie, Reed and others. I still can’t believe those characters were wasted so much. 

The highlight for me was the Barber-Winters scenes. The touch of having Mamie around added so much texture to those scenes, as well as the kids. And the adults were actual viable characters not just once a week like they are now.