Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Hahaha!

The first tried with that Wesley guy and even had Olivia get engaged. Then of course Damon had potential and pushed around in the beginning but by year’s end he burnt through the story fast so they gave him that odd backstory for a D-plot on the show. Finally they managed to snag Shemar back which was good except the writing wasn’t and somehow they (very foolishly) let Malcolm & Olivia just fizzle out by fall of ‘05. Just terrible.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In addition to Detective Webber(did he even have a romance?) there was a fine looking, decently acted Detective Gil Wallace who befriended the Winters family and briefly dated Tyra but the show discarded before he was further developed. Similar later to what the show did with Alex Chavez.

• Members

See, I feel the vast majority of these characters could’ve worked, but they were all underwritten and under-utilized. The fact that Lamon Archey is now a big soap Star from DAYS and couldn’t make it work on Y&R is a failure on the shows part. Same with Keith Hamilton Cobb. If they were truly invested in replacing Malcolm it would’ve worked. Same with the parade of actresses to fill the void of Dru. 

• Members

Kevin Alejandro. He also played Lafayette's boyfriend Jesus on True Blood.

I loved loved LOVED KHC on AMC but Damon Porter was just weird, man. He was condescending to every woman he met despite the fact that every available woman on the canvas was throwing themselves at him (I can't recall, did he and Phyllis even sleep together?). He played the part super weird. 

Detective Webber had no story outside of police work so I wouldn't consider him a Shemar replacement. He was just another in a long line of having black people play cops or judges or prosecutors in media. It fills a quota without having to give them actual story to contend with.

• Members

I never been so glad to have Coronavirus mess up my work schedule. Again. I hate to say...but...I don't think there is any old school pre-2006 for sure that does not have the ability to draw a casual/regular viewer in.

This being a case in point.

• Members

I work, and write on the side (or write, with some work on the side, take your pick) so I’ve been operating from home since mid-March, even before lockdown was imposed in the U.K.

Is it bad that I’ve been more excited for these older episodes than absolutely anything aired in the last 15 years?

And is it bad that I’m actually dreading the return of 2020 episodes? I mean, while other people may have had their relationships with each other tested during this time, my relationship with Y&R is at a crossroads (again).