Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn’t realize he fired her, I thought she left of her own accord.  Wasn’t her period there considered a good time for the show?  The early part of the Steffi/Liam/Hope stuff?  I know the show was getting a lot of positive attention then and wasn’t as Brad Bell like as it had been.

I do not watch B&B, just see clips here and there and read what people say online.  I know the ratings were better for all the soaps then.

• Members

I'm watching some clips from the 70's on YouTube and dammit is there any of these episodes laying around that Y&R could air? The background music is wonderful! The first clip with Brenda Dickson and Jeanne Cooper is fantastic.

• Members

I actually disliked the writing for Dru towards the end of LML. Unfortunately, VR acting also suffered and was OTT.

Eric Braeden is a fine actor. 

I didn't get much from Byton performance and admittedly I did find his competition better based on their body of work. I don't fault Byrton, he did good work. 

I must say I'm loving Brenda Epperson as Ashley! I wouldn't mind if they brought her back. Eileen is a fine actress, but BE adds a dimension of heart that's sometimes missing from ED. 

• Members

I loved Brenda Epperson as Ashley. Eileen recently gave an interview with Michael Dairnab where she said she will not return full time and that’s she’s surprised they haven’t recast the role yet. Considering she’s so against a full time return I’d love for Brenda to come back post-quarantine. Ashley deserves better than just 2 episodes a month. Also for me, despite her being a recast I find Brenda’s Ashley to be the best. She could be tough but she had a warmth that I enjoyed in the role. Her chemistry with Traci, Jack and John was untouchable. 

• Members

It’s hard to say, but she did seem a bit hurt at the time based on some fairly subtle comments she made on her Facebook page.

My guess would be that Brad didn’t feel her contributions were worth what he was paying her. He already had Minnis as his Co-HW and Patrick Mulcahey had gotten a story consultant credit as well. Between all of that, he likely felt he had gotten B&B fully into its next era and Alden’s services were no longer needed.

• Members

Their reluctance to show early episodes could be based on a number of things...  Would need to be more heavily edited due to longer running times, not many ties to current characters, no African American families, sponsors may be afraid of younger demographic viewers not watching, the list goes on. .. ALL piss-poor excuses in my opinion.  Show them anyway (good ones only)!  Let the viewers decide if they want to watch them.  I think there's more of a demand for these to be shown than corporate heads realize.

• Members

They could take three 30-minute episodes and edit them into a 2-hour special. 

Or edit three 30-minute episodes into two one-hour episodes to rebroadcast on consecutive days.

I think that would allow enough time for modern commercials.

Edited by janea4old