Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Braeden won for his scenes with Adam/Victor Jr. 

VR probably should have won for this ep too. Looking back it’s just criminal that neither VR and TLW ever won for their powerful work in the 90’s by the Emmys. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Judi Evans has discussed that she did not have a good experience on set after winning the Emmy.  The age requirement has varied over the years, Don Scardino was 36/37 when he was nominated for Younger Actor in 1986.

• Members

Pretty much. I believe in the cases of Blade & Kurt the show should have cast someone sexy with charisma. An actor along the lines of something like a Peter Reckell, Charles Grant, Greg Beecroft etc. Neither Tylo or McCloskey were either of those things and they just came off as bland. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Tylo and especially Leigh are sexy as hell. Did you see him on Dallas or GH? The problem is the characters were written badly and poor Leigh was stuck with Shari as Ashley.

Please register in order to view this content

Leigh was very popular on Dallas.

• Members

Mon July 29, 2020 is 9/21/1994.

Still trying to figure out what happens in that episode.

Paul proposed to Christine at the end of the 9/20/94 epi --

when Paul simply put an engagement ring on her finger and then said will you marry me. But she hadn't expected it, and she had not yet said yes or no when the epi ended. 

*Speculation* ... 9/21/94 is a continuation of the 9/20/94 proposal scene and now she says yes.

I don't know what happens 9/22/94.
On 9/23/94, Christine drops by Nina's to show her the engagement ring.

On "rec.arts.tv.soaps" in 1994, someone was posting highlights of the "Pure Soap" show ("Pure Soap" appeared on the "E" network daily and it discussed the soaps).
I compared the Y&R scenes described on Pure Soap, with actual recaps and playlists of Y&R
"Pure Soap" would tell what happened on Y&R the day before.
Here is the relevant post:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/cnnS-clmk3c/TYBG7ePDwdcJ
rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Thursday (Sept. 22) -- Pure Soap highlights
Posted 9/23/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Thursday -- 22-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
Y&R.  Nina has never felt too comfortable around her husband Ryan's ex-wife.  But now, courtesy of Victoria's centerfold, she knows more about her rival than she ever wanted to.
[Insert clip of Nina and someone? (her mother (?)) talking about the centerfold.  Nina says Victoria's the last person on earth she would've expected to appear in such a magazine.]

--
^ That 9/22/94 episode of Pure Soap described what happened on Y&R 9/21/94.

So therefore these two things *probably* happen on 9/21/94:
Christine accepts Paul's marriage proposal.  Victoria had recently appeared as a nude centerfold in a magazine, and now Nina comments to someone that Nina would not have expected Victoria to do that.

• Members

I have watched only a few clips recently of Kurt and of the twins Blade/Rick - I hadn't seen those characters before, or if I did, I had forgotten them. I agree that they are uninteresting.

I've watched a lot of old clips in the past two months that happened to contain Cole.  Good lord I find Cole boring! I literally doze off watching him.  The actor is fine looking, but the scenes I've watched have very little passion.  What on earth did firecracker Victoria (Heather Tom's version) ever see in Cole?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

For the newer viwers, IDK if it's that they haven't been exposed to older soaps. In the 2000s I used to think soaps then were the best thing ever until I saw older episodes and realized the comparative decline. 

For the veteran viewers I can't imagine being in a rush to see Summer/Kyle/Lola? Victor & Nikki's 40th year of relationship turmoil? Bad writing? Paint dry boring storylines? To each his own

Great to see 1997, a rarity!

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps CBS should release yearly storyline summaries such as this: http://tvmegasite.net/day/yr/history.shtml

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Odd theme week, considering what happened in 2002 pretty much wrecked the couple badly for a long time. 

I wonder if we can also get a Christmas in July theme week lol? Wouldn’t mind seeing the 87 and 88 Xmas eps again since they have been currently unavailable on YT for years now ever since Sony purged them like 9 years ago.

I do think both were competent actors but just were wrong for the parts, even if the writing did get shoddy. Tylo had his heyday on GL a decade beforehand; I was never much impressed by dullsome Mitch on Dallas either but that wasn’t all McCloskey’s fault either.  His best soap work was probably Santa Barbara although the story absolutely repulsive, something I think McCloskey has stated as well he was disturbed by. 

Btw @ChickenNuggetz92 Hadn’t seen that yet but of course all those commenters look like they are probably Karens.

Please register in order to view this content