Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Thank you @janea4old for finding that...and thank you to the recapper, wherever you are now, for NOT having cutesy, clever nicknames all over your recap, as so many did.

I haven't been following the '90s  episodes much as the ones that @YRfan23 shares are enough for me, but as this one is "new" and the needlepointing scene sounds hilarious (it's the type of thing I probably would have laughed at back in the day) and it's a good Dru episode, I may DVR it. It's a shame it has Nina's miscarriage story as that always upset me.

It sounds like this is still when Sharon was a bad girl too. (this wasn't Sharon Case yet then?)

I sure miss Nina and Dru...

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes Amy needlepointing pillows with Nikki is an interesting contrast to
... Victoria showing her (Victoria's) nude pictures in the magazine centerfold ... to her brother Nick(!) and then commenting well our mom Nikki was a stripper so what's the big deal.

But that's the Sept 15, 1994 recap, so I don't know how you would DVR that. (I'd love to see that too)
What's airing next week is Sept 21, 1994, and we have not (yet) found a recap for that.

==============

Per the recap, on Sept 15, 1994, Sharon tells Doris that she's having a party at their apartment sometime soon. Amy thanks Sharon for inviting Amy and Nick to the party.

I recently watched the Sept 26, 1994 episode. Sharon and Doris discuss the birthday party, which has already happened. Sharon mentions that party happened at the Newman ranch. Doris asked how it went. Doris wants to know if anybody figured out that it really wasn't Sharon's 18th birthday party, but instead it was actually Sharon's 19th birthday party.  Sharon says nobody has figured it out and everyone thinks she just turned 18.  The conversation implies there is a missing year that Sharon and Doris are keeping secret -- but it did not hint why in that episode.

(Of course we know now that this was the year of Sharon's pregnancy with Cassie and Mariah).

(There is more in that 9/26/1994 episode but I'll stop there).

My point is that Sharon's birthday party happens after the Thurs Sept 15, 1994 episode, and before the Monday Sept 26, 1994 episode.

From recaps and playlists, we know it doesn't happen Sept 19, 20, or 23.

So that leaves .. . Sharon's birthday happening on Fri Sept 16, Wed Sept 21, or Thurs Sept 22.

(I suppose the party could have taken place offscreen but that seems unlikely).

The soapcentral bio for Sharon says her birthday is Sept 17th, which was a Saturday in 1994.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Here is more context from August 22, 1994 - October 21, 1994.
Spoiler items from rec.arts.tv.soaps.
(Only spoilers, so no real details).

Source is these two links:

Spoilers Sept 23, 1994 - Oct 21, 1994
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/tM7Z3igZTqY/HNQ0bo1_yhsJ

Spoilers Aug 22, 1994 - Sept 19, 1994
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/lEbp40XNavc/oDGpOveeH5kJ

Originally posted to rec.arts.tv.soaps with the most recent weeks first.
Posting here with the oldest weeks first.

Spoiler for week of 08/22/94 - 08/26/94
Luan finds a picture in her drawer that resembles someone in Genoa City. Blade gives MariJo an ultimatum to leave town or else. The publisher looks over the first copy of the photos of Vicki's centerfold. Dru is shocked to find out she doesn't have the flu and pleads with Olivia not to tell Neil.

Spoiler for week of 08/29/94 - 09/02/94
Dru is shocked and upset to learn that she is pregnant. Jack surprises Mary Jo with a special present. Jill decides that a divorce from John is inevitable. Nikki kisses Jack but he tells her that he is involved with another woman. Nick confides in Hope the story of his failed romance with Sharon. John Silva invites Lynn to dinner. Paul guesses that Keemo has a crush on Christine, but she denies it.

Sneak Peak for week of 09/05/94 - 09/09/94
After Esprit De Corps magazine comes out with Victoria as the centerfold, Victor, Nikki, and Cole freak. Eric Forrester looks at the magazine and finds his New model and Vikki will jump from Genoa City to L.A. Victor flies to NY with Cole and John Silva to confront the publishers. Chris and Danny come face to face. Olivia is suspicious about Malcolm and searches for the truth. Jill confides to Jed that she is not in love with John anymore. Nick makes a decision that is certain to affect his future.

Fall Sneak Peak
Jack's Past threatens his future with MariJo. Mamie interferes with Jill's plans for her future. Christine accepts a marriage proposal. Nick's relationship with Sharon threatens his life and freedom. Dru learns she is pregnant. Someone from the past puts complications on Ashley/Blade and MariJo/Jack's relationships.

Sneak Peak for week of 09/12/94 - 09/16/94
Paul is pleased when Christine tells him she made sure Danny knows there is no hope of a reconciliation. Ashley reads Mary Jo's penciling in her driver's license which reads Marilyn Mason. Malcolm begs Olivia not to tell Dru about the night he made love to Dru but Olivia spills the beans. Victoria is nonchalant about the publishing of her nude centerfold. Sharon invites Nick and Amy to her birthday party.

Sneak Peak for week of 09/19/94-09/23/94
[Quoted verbatim and without permission from the Chronicle CityLine of San Francisco (415) 512-5000, Category Number 7505] 
John Silva warns Jill that John would not allow her to keep working at Jabots once she files for divorce. Ashley asks for Paul's opinion about Marilyn's signature and the one on the painting she received as a wedding gift. Mary doesn't like the idea of Paul marrying Christine. Later, he proposes to Christine. Victoria finally understands why Cole is upset with her.

Sneak Peak for Monday 09/19/94
Ashley is getting suspicious of Mari Jo and asks Jack some questions. Luan and Keemo fight about the fact that she still has a picture of her GI, and Cricket comes in and bawls Keemo out and he melts as usual when she speaks. Hope tells Jack that she is pregnant. Victor and Nikki talk, or shall I say he again attacks her.

Sneak Peak for week of 09/26/94-09/30/94
[Quoted verbatim and without permission from the Chronicle CityLine of San Francisco (415) 512-5000, Category Number 7505] 
John plans a surprise party for his wife while she finalizes their divorce papers with John Silva. Ashley confronts Blade about his romantic involvement with Mary Jo and demands the truth or she will never trust him. Nina goes into labor. Victor asks Hope to keep an open mind about terminating her pregnancy.

Sneak Peak for week of 10/03/94-10/07/94
John retains Mitchell Sherman as his attorney and asks him to be sure Jill does not get custody of their son. Keemo tells his mother that until Christine marries Paul, he still has a chance with her. Jack is shocked to learn that Luan is Mai Yun, the woman he once cared for in Vietnam. Nikki questions Douglas about some tension in Victor and Hope's marriage.

Sneak Peak for week of 10/10/94-10/14/94
Rex orders Kate to stay out of Jill and John's marital problems. Nina decides that she must tell Ryan about losing the baby. Nikki and Jed make love again. Sharon is upset when Nick fails to show for their date, unaware that Amy has thrown him a surprise party. Cole and Victoria make love for the first time since the centerfold incident. Blade tries to smooth things over with Ashley but she is not interested.

Sneak Peak for week of 10/17/94-10/21/94
Luan admits to Christine that Jack is Keemo's father, but swears her to secrecy. Jack confronts Mary Jo about her deception. Gina gives Danny a room above the restaurant. Paul suggests to Christine that they get marry over Thanksgiving but then backs off. Hope and Victor receive the test results. Victoria guesses that Nikki is hoping Victor's marriage fail.

-------------------------------------

Yes Mari Jo's real name is Marilyn.

------------------------

Sharon's birthday party isn't mentioned in any of those spoilers. I don't know why.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thanks for all the spoilers and recaps posted!

Please register in order to view this content

I'm definitely inspired more to go back on the fourms and try to see if I missed any "hidden" topics with even more recaps.

Here's the 4 September 1994 episodes I already have so far that cover a lot that was discussed, and maybe some that wasn't....(on the 9/26 episode it's confirmed the party already happen, so I'm wondering if the actual party aired between September 16, September 19, Sept 21-22)

• Members

Someone at rec.arts.tv.soaps asked about 
Blade, Jack, Mari Jo, Ashley, the painting, and the signature,
and there was a thread of replies:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/6W1FMzHigm4/nZ_37RHji0UJ
(That is a thread.)

The initial post, dated 9/16/94 was a bunch of questions, and here are the replies:

--------------

reply dated 9/17/94

>What is the connection between Blade and Jack's fiancé (I think her name is Mary Jo)?
Reply:     Mary Jo used to be involved with Blade.  But at some point in the relationship Mary Jo slept with Blade's Brother (no name yet).  When Blade found out he proceeded to break up with her, and he got in a fight with his brother on the docks.  Supposedly, after Blade punched his brother to the dock floor, his brother fell off the dock into the ocean and drowned. Blade claims he did not hear his brother's cry for help, but Mary Jo claims that Blade heard his brother, but simply ignored his cries for help.

>What is Mary Jo hiding?
Reply:     She has not told Jack her really name yet or the fact that she and Blade were once involved with each other.  Basically, her whole past is being hidden from Jack.

>Why would Jack and Ashley be so upset by this information?
Reply:     Who knows. I guess they (the writers) figure that Ashley and Jack would be mad that they were not told about the previous relationship between Blade and Mary Jo.

----------------------------------

Reply dated 9/19/94

> Jack's fiancé. Who is she?
Reply:     Mary Jo was Blade's old girlfriend.  She sort of "hunted" him down.

>What is Blade's mysterious past? (any new revelations over the summer)
Reply:     Blade had a twin brother (read: his "evil twin").  He got into an argument with him over Mary Jo and Blade killed him..  (Mary Jo slept with his brother while engaged to Blade)

>What is the connection between Blade and Jack's fiancé (I think her name is Mary Jo)?
Reply:     Mary Jo saw Blade kill his brother (Blade didn't know that she was watching).

>What is Mary Jo hiding?
Reply:     Her real relationship to Blade

>Why would Jack and Ashley be so upset by this information?
Reply:     Mary Jo and Blade were involved in the past.

Reply dated 9/22/94
(This reply gives corrections/clarifications to the one before it)

Earlier comment:
Blade had a twin brother (read: his "evil twin"). He got into an argument over Mary Jo with him and Blade killed him. (Mary Jo slept with his brother while engaged to Blade)

Another poster in reply (clarification-correction) to that comment: 
Blade said it was an accident. He pushed his brother into the water and did not hear his brother yell that he couldn't swim and thus … drowned.

Earlier comment:
Mary Jo saw Blade kill his brother (Blade didn't know that she was watching).

Another poster in reply (clarification) to that comment:
Blade did not know his brother couldn't swim. 

Why didn't Marilyn help him out of the water? Marilyn=MariJo

Original question: I also remember an episode a while ago where Blade and Ashley received a wedding gift -- it was some sort of painting. Was this painting a gift from Mary Jo? What significance did it have?

Reply to the question: She gave the painting to them as Marilyn. Only Blade knows who it's from. Ashley received the gift in the mail with no name on it, only (MM) in the corner.  

Reply dated 9/22/94

Mari-jo/Marilyn was Blade's fiancé, she slept with Blade's twin brother. Blade and his brother had a fight on the wharf.  Blade hit his bro, who then fell down.  Blade turned around and left.  The brother then FELL into the ocean and drowned.  Marijo sent Blade and Ash the painting for a wedding gift to tell Blade that she knew where he was.  Blade told Ashley he didn't know who Marilyn is.  Then Marilyn showed up in town (presumably to terrorize Blade), accidentally bumped into Jack and they became an item. Marilyn has been taunting Blade by telling him that she "heard" them fighting from her apartment on the other side of the wharf. And when she saw the brother fall into the water she ran to help..."I never saw him again"...SOB!

Reply dated 9/25/94

Question: I also remember an episode a while ago where Blade and Ashley received a wedding gift -- it was some sort of painting. Was this painting a gift from Mary Jo? What significance did it have?

Reply: The painting depicts the dock upon which Blade and his brother fought over Marilyn/Mary-Jo. Marilyn sent it to Blade as a reminder of his deed.

-----  end thread -----

Edit to add: there was one more reply on that rec.arts.tv.soaps thread, dated 9/17/94
That reply said:  "I think they said Blade's brother's name was Alex.  (Or was that his real name?)".

[NOTE: Soapcentral didn't exist back then, but now the soapcentral bio says:
Blade's full name was Alexander Bladeson.  His twin was Rick Bladeson.]

That catches us up to the week of the episode we are wondering about.
(But we still do not know if any of this is in the Sept 21, 1994 episode.)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

There was a daily TV show called "Pure Soap" which had soap news, episode updates, and sometimes actor interviews.

A recapper on "rec.arts.tv.soaps" tried to post recaps when possible. The recapper said the show had lots of info and there was too much to recap, so therefore she(the recapper) was was able to recap some highlights but not everything. 

The show was hosted by Shelley Taylor Morgan.

Here is the Y&R portion from Sept. 7, 1994 through Oct. 5, 1994

Note, sometimes Y&R was not recapped (either because the recapper was not able to get everything or perhaps Pure Soap did not mention Y&R that day).

I don't know if the clips and updates on Pure Soap are dated the same as when they aired on Y&R, or if Pure Soap is ahead or behind by a day or two

(Posting to give some context to the Sept 21, 1994 episode that will be rebroadcast soon.)

---

rec.arts.tv.soaps 
PS: Pure Soap highlights for Wednesday -- Sept. 7, 1994
9/7/94
PURE SOAP highlights for 07-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
Y&R's Victoria might not be Miss America but she can certainly sympathize with what Vanessa Williams went through when her Miss America title was stripped away after Penthouse printed some old photos of her in a compromising position.
[Insert clip of someone loading magazines onto a news stand and then opening "the" magazine and checking out the centerfold.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Friday (Sept. 9) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/11/94 (posted two days after Pure Soap aired)
PURE SOAP highlights for 09-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
- Y&R's Dru is convinced her child belongs to husband Neil but her sister Olivia has her doubts.  After all there was that time a heavily medicated Dru thought she was making love to Neil but it might have been Neil's brother Malcolm.
[Insert clip of Dru and Olivia talking about the possibility.]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Pure Soap highlights for Thursday -- Sept. 8, 1994
9/8/94
PURE SOAP highlights for 08-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
Y&R's Victoria seems to be living by the motto, "when the going gets tough, the tough hit the road."  Last summer she became a waitress in a greasy spoon.  This summer she's Miss September...but not if her father and husband have anything to say about it.
[Insert clip of Victor and Cole confronting a couple of men about the magazine.]

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Monday (Sept. 12) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/12/94
PURE SOAP highlights for 12-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
[Today's focus:  soap triangles]
- Y&R's Danny, Chris, and Paul are starting to be involved in a triangle as well.  But...there was a triangle before and Chris didn't even know she was involved in it.
[Insert clip of Danny telling Chris that he has a son.  He says he's sorry and she tells him to leave.]

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Wednesday (Sept. 14) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/14/94
PURE SOAP highlights for 14-SEP-1994

UPDATES (episode updates for several soaps but Y&R not mentioned)

STM ==> Shelley Taylor Morgan, bubbly host of PURE SOAP.

IN-STUDIO GUEST:  Y&R's Sharon Case (Sharon Collins)

- STM says Y&R just couldn't settle on an actress to play young Nick Newman's wannabe girlfriend this summer but they finally seem to have gotten it right by casting a soap veteran:  Sharon Case.

- She recently played Debbie on ATWT.  Before that she played Dawn on GH.  STM asks how she handles moving back and forth from one coast to the other.  Sharon says she always thought she'd live in NY so she grabbed the chance when she was offered the part on ATWT.  She loved living there.

- STM asks for some hints of what's coming up and [predictably] Sharon says she really can't say much.  She is involved in the trio with Nick and Amy.  There will be some very exciting storyline coming up between the three of them.

- GH was a great show to work on.  She says it was her first job as an actress so maybe that's why she has such fun memories of it.  

- Working with the ATWT's cast was great...they rehearsed a lot more for that show than they do some others so she really got to know her castmates very well and they all became friends.

- A caller wants to know if she has a hard time playing someone so "unwholesome" since her looks are so innocent.  Sharon jokes that it is hard and she's trying to find some "evil" hairdos and makeup for her character.

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Thursday (Sept. 15) -- Pure Soap highlights
Posted 9/17/94
PURE SOAP highlights for 15-SEP-1994
(Y&R not mentioned.)

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Monday (Sept. 19) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/19/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Monday -- 19-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
- Y&R.  What a coincidence that Jack suddenly starts remembering his heretofore unmentioned Vietnam experience the same week a Vietnamese family rides into town.
[Insert clip of Jack telling Chris… the woman that owns the Saigon Shack reminds him very much of a girl he knew in during the war.  He says not many people know he was in Vietnam and he wants to keep it that way.]

PS: Tuesday (Sept. 20) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/20/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Tuesday -- 20-SEP-1994

STM ==> Shelley Taylor Morgan, bubbly host of PURE SOAP.

UPDATES (The recapper mentions episode updates for GH, AMC, GL, AW, but not Y&R)

IN-STUDIO GUEST:  Y&R's Elizabeth Sung (Luan Volien)

- The Volien family's story features the heartbreakingly painful tale of an immigrant mother and the son she was forced to leave behind.
[Insert clip of Luan telling Keemo she prefers not to cling to bitter memories.  Instead, she prefers to remember the special times...the happy times.  She thinks of those times often when she looks at a picture of her G.I.  Keemo's upset that she wants to remember anything about the man.  He can't believe she still keeps a picture of a man that used her and then abandoned her.  She insists the man didn't know about his son but Keemo says he knew about her.  She says he may have been killed and Keemo says he hopes so.  He asks what he ever gave her but misery and hardship.  She says "he" gave her the most precious gift of all:  Keemo.]

STM = Shelley Taylor Morgan, bubbly host of PURE SOAP.
ES = Elizabeth Sung (Luan Volien)

- STM comments on how Elizabeth's character seems so much older (gray streaks in her hair, little makeup, etc.) that much of the audience probably wouldn't even recognize her.  ES says she thinks it's just part of what happens when any new character is introduced on a show...they have to search for the right look.

- ES says her first choice in the performing arts is dance.  She was able to tour all around the country after graduating from Julliard because of dancing and she loved it.  STM asks if she still dances and she says she's too old...her back hurts too much.  She does milder things like yoga for everyday exercise, now.

- She also worked as an assistant production designer on a movie that was filmed last year in Shanghai.  The job dealt with making sure the look of the film, the costumes, and making sure sets that need to be built get built.  

- ES was born in Hong Kong and didn't move away until she finished high school.  

- One of the jobs she had was working with her sister last year to coordinate a fireworks display.  She worked as a translator (Chinese to French) for the Frenchman in charge of the display.  She got to see all sorts of fireworks factories and had a great time.

- STM says it's amazing...ES does everything!  ES laughs that she doesn't do windows!

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Wednesday (Sept. 21) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/21/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Wednesday -- 21-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
- Y&R.  Drucilla's pregnant but is her husband Neil the tyke's father?
[Insert clip of Neil reacting to the news that Drucilla's pregnant.  She says it's a big step having this baby...she's not sure she's ready.  He assures her that they'll make wonderful parents.]

rec.arts.tv.soaps ›
PS: Friday (Sept. 23) -- Pure Soap highlights (Y&R not mentioned)
9/24/94 (this episode posted to the newsgroup the day after it aired)
PURE SOAP highlights for Friday -- 23-SEP-1994
(Y&R not mentioned)

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Monday (Sept. 26) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/26/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Monday -- 26-SEP-1994
UPDATES:
- Y&R.  Jill has a problem.  She loves her husband John...and she especially loves her husband's money.  But, she's sleeping with her contractor Jed and her housekeeper Mamie knows all about it.
[Insert clip of a police officer taking Jill's report about her car being stolen as Mamie listens disapprovingly to the details of the circumstances in which Jill's car was stolen:  she was parked at Jed's office at 9pm and hadn't bothered to turn on the car's tracking device.]

rec.arts.tv.soaps 
PS: Tuesday (Sept. 27) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/27/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Tuesday -- 27-SEP-1994
(Y&R not mentioned)

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Friday (Sept. 30) -- Pure Soap highlights
9/30/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Friday -- 30-SEP-1994

SOAP NEWS:  
- TV's largest advertiser, Proctor & Gamble, the sponsors of ATWT, AW, and GL has threatened to pull $500,000,000 in advertising if the networks preempt those shows for O. J. Simpson coverage.

UPDATES: [episode updates for OLTL and DOOL. Y&R not mentioned.]

IN-STUDIO GUESTS:  Y&R's Tricia Cast (Nina McNeil) and Scott Reeves (Ryan McNeil)

- Tricia says Nina's very worried that Ryan will leave her if she tells him about losing the baby.  Scott says Ryan could do *anything* and Nina would never leave him.  Tricia says she's a lot less gullible in real life.

- Tricia started acting professionally when she was 11; and was 18 or 19 when she started on Y&R.  She's been with the show for 8 or 9 years.   She loves the closeness she feels on the set.

- Tricia's recently split up with her husband Jack.  She says she still loves him and has nothing but respect for him but they just see things differently.

- [Insert clip of Nina getting a phone call from Ryan.  She's crying but manages to keep him from realizing it.  He says he tried to call earlier but didn't get an answer.  He asks where she was and she says she was just out with Cricket.  He tells her he misses them and hopes to be home by tomorrow night.  He asks about Phillip and asks her to give him a hug.  He says he's got to go and she tells him she loves him.  He says he loves her too and promises to be home soon.]

- Scott blows some bubbles on the air for his daughter Emily.  Too cute.

- A caller says she likes Nina and Ryan together but wants to know what happened to Nina's relationship with John Silva.  Tricia says she doesn't really know but she never questions anything Bill Bell does.

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Monday (Oct. 3) -- Pure Soap highlights
10/3/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Monday -- 03-OCT-1994
(Y&R not mentioned)

rec.arts.tv.soaps
PS: Wednesday (Oct. 5) -- Pure Soap highlights
10/5/94
PURE SOAP highlights for Wednesday -- 05-OCT-1994
UPDATES:
Y&R.  Jack once kept his service in Vietnam so secret that none of the viewers or the actors who played Jack knew anything about it.  But now that a new Vietnamese family has settled in Genoa City, it's time for all those repressed memories to come flooding to the surface.
[Insert clip of Jack telling Chris about getting shipped out after being injured.  He says he tried to get in touch with "her" but she was gone.  All his letters to her were returned...and he still has them. Now he's got a chance to see her again and tell her how much she meant to him...how she brought hope and love to a very frightened young man from America.]

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Would y'all rather see "theme week" episodes, or simply "the best of Y&R", with no rhyme or reason?  ...because I clearly could have done without many of the "theme week" episodes, in fact, have had no interest in watching several of them again.

• Members

It's funny you bring this up because I keep thinking back to when SoapNet did that GH50 marathon with the top 50 episodes of GH. It was really coherent, showed everything that you would expect, and mostly in order. I always wished we could get something like that for Y&R but figured it was impossible, because SoapNet doesn't exist anymore and Sony is stingy with their material. So these classic episodes are kind of a substitute, which is a dream come true in a way, cause we're getting to see a number of episodes that haven't been seen since the original airing. Some are real gems, but overall this doesn't feel like a representation of the best Y&R has ever had to offer. It's just whatever fits into the theme weeks - which is often really great, and sometimes not so much. To be fair to them, they didn't know how long this would last, so they couldn't have come up with a definitive list from the start. Doing it week by week does make sense. I still wish they would just do weeklong or two week long arcs showing all the episodes in order from one storyline. I see no reason they can't do that but I don't expect it to happen now. They also seem to have given up the character weeks so I doubt we'll get Paul, Lauren, Christine, Jill, etc, just more theme weeks. 

I guess all we can hope is that the theme weeks are good choices and not stuff that's already online. The Emmy week choices are strong. 

Some themes I'm hoping for are:

-Best of the decades: one day of each week devoted to the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, and 2010s (better yet would be one week each 70s-00s).

-Best location shoots:   Victor/Nikki/Paul and Rick Daros in St. Croix, the "Bermuda triangle" with Cassandra/Paul, Mari Jo and Jack in St. Thomas, maybe Paris or New Orleans (not my bag but some of the newer viewers probably would want to see it).

-Heroes week: Basically a second shot at Villains week (which was a much better idea on paper than what they actually selected) but showing the outcome of all the plots, so Paul saving Christine from Michael, since we didn't get Michael on Villains week, JT saving Colleen, Paul saving Lauren from being buried alive, etc.

• Members

The 9/19/1994 recap is here:
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/57902-yr-to-air-classic-episodes/page/145/?tab=comments#comment-1675424

and that recap doesn't have Sharon's birthday party.

That leaves Sharon's 1994 birthday party happening on Fri Sept 16, Wed Sept 21, or Thurs Sept 22. Or it could have happened off-screen.

Soapcentral bio for Sharon says her birthday is Sept 17, but I don't know where they got that from. (Sept 17 was a Saturday in 1994)

--------------------------------------

US Monday June 29, 2020 (CDN Fri June 26, 2020)
#5450, original US airdate Wed Sept 21, 1994.

(This is what we've been trying to figure out).

new from Global:
US Tuesday June 30, 2020 (CDN Mon June 29, 2020)

#5509, original US airdate Wed Dec 14, 1994.

In early Dec. 1994, "rec.arts.tv.soaps" newsgroup did a split.

CBS daytime soaps were to be in "rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs"

But Y&R posts appeared in both of the groups for a while.

I checked both newsgroups.

Posts indicated that Matt Clark raped Sharon in the car, on the episodes of Friday Dec 16, 1994 and Monday Dec 19, 1994. 

One poster posted on 12/15/94 "Sharon raped by Matt -- could they have been more obvious? Could they have been more obvious about this happening? I've been fairly sure that this was going to happen for about a week, I hardly needed to watch."
I don't know if the rape aired 12/15 also, or if that poster saw it early in Canada.

I found nothing at all about Wed. Dec 14, 1994.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

from rec.arts.tv.soaps and rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs

(exclamation points are from the poster)

Y&R:Sneak Peeks/Spoilers Dec wk 3 !!!

Posted 12/6/94

Spoilers!

1/ Nick finds out about Doris' operation accidentally and wonders why he wasn't told!

2/ When Amy tells him she heard Victor paid for the operation and that Matt told her this, Nick calls Matt a liar!

3/ Cricket and Phyllis face off at Rex's funeral!

4/ Kay breaks down in Danny's embrace!

5/ Victor and Victoria wonder why Nikki doesn't like Sharon!

6/ Blade wonders about Ashley's mental state!

7/ Rick hides in Marilyn's closet listening to a conversation between Blade and Marilyn.

8/ Phyllis goes the lingerie route to impress Danny but gets no response!

9/ Paul and Phyllis have the same agenda - keep Christine and Danny apart!

10/ Jack weighs his future concerning Luan!

11/ Despite Dru's best efforts, Malcolm and Stephanie still strike out!

12/ Jill is offered a big job for Jabot - out of town - by Jack determined to get rid of her!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Y&R:Sneak Peeks/Spoilers Dec wk 4++ !!!

Posted 12/14/94

Spoilers!

1/ Cole gets off to a bad start with his new editor!

2/ Victoria is happy at her job at Jabot!

3/ Victor sees a similarity between Nikki and Sharon in regards to wealthy men!

4/ Matt gets more aggressive with Sharon to the point where she is in danger of getting raped!

5/ Jill gets tricked by John and Jack into showing where her priorities lie!

6/ Keemo prepares a special evening for Christine but she reminds him that she is getting married!

7/ Set off by a sexy bridal shower, Mary Williams questions Chris about commitment!

8/ With Victor wanting to celebrate Christmas with his children, Hope asks Cliff if she can spend the holidays with him and his wife!

9/ Cliff agrees but neglects to tell her that there is no wife!

10/ Kay rejects the temptation of the bottle!

Next week...

Sharon is in over her head!!!

Fyi:
Late Nov 1994, Rex Sterling is shot.
Dec 1, 1994. Rex dies in the hospital.

Y&R: SPOILER: 12/5/94 - 12/9/94
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Posted 12/4/94
Malcolm senses Dru's changed attitude towards him.  Nick discovers that Sharon's mother had an operation.  Matt warns Amy that Victor paid for the operation.  Kay bids her final farewell to Rex and breaks down in Danny's arms.  Paul and Christine argue about Danny and Phyllis.  Mai asks her mother if Jack is going to marry her.  Keemo asks Ashley about Mary Jo.

Y&R: SPOILER: 12/12/94 - 12/16/94
Posted 12/11/94
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Cole is assigned a new editor to handle his new book.  Victoria begins her work at Jabot assigned to be with Neil.  Doris worries about Sharon dating Matt.  Hope decides to spend Christmas at the farm while Victor remains with his family.  Mourning Rex, Kay considers falling off the wagon.  John and Jack negotiate Jill's contract.

Y&R: SPOILER: 12/19/94 - 12/23/94
Posted 12/18/94
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Nina invites Victoria and Cole to spend Christmas with her, Ryan, and Philip.  Hope asks Cliff about Susie, his new wife, but he evades the question.  Mary argues with Paul about Christine being the wrong woman for him.  Sharon is in shock after Matt rapes her and reacts when Matt threatens to kill Nick if he ever sees them together.  Blade suggests to Ashley that they go away for the holidays but she is not interested.

Y&R: PREVIEW: MON 26 DECEMBER (SPOILERS!!!)
Posted 12/23/94
On Monday 26 December:
Sharon goes to doctor for HIV test. Doctor figures out that she was raped, suggests that she should report it. Nick visits Mrs. Collins, to talk to her about Sharon. Cricket, Nina, Lauren and Lynne try on dresses. Nick sees Matt trying to seduce girl in coffee shop.

I HAVE IT ON GOOD AUTHORITY THAT...... 
There will be a hit and run involving two characters on the show, week of DEC 26!!!

Y&R: SPOILER: 12/26/94 - 12/30/94
Posted 12/25/94
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Phyllis spots Danny kissing Christine and decides to take drastic action.  Paul and Christine head home to change for the wedding but never arrive.  Sharon admits to the clinic doctor that she was date-raped.  Brad warns Ashley not to vacation with Blade.  Mary Jo shows off her engagement ring to Luan and boasts of Jack's commitment to her.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Haha omg! That’s the episode where they have a Lingerie bachelorette party for Christine and Of course conservative Mary shows up just as Lauren comes running down the stairs modeling sexy lingerie much to Mary’s horror! I always wanted to see that!

Please register in order to view this content

and you top it off she gives Chris a new toaster! Haha