Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

She's definitely found by then.  That July 17 issue is covering the prior two weeks. Take a look at these videos I uploaded:

May 31, 1984 - Nikki tells Victor she's leaving for NY to go shopping.

June 1, 1984 - Nikki meets with Cora at her apartment

June 4, 1984 - Nikki brings Cora to Genoa City 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cool, thanks. I remember LLB saying that she did one day as a random background extra before her dad created the role of Cricket. Wonder if 7/15/83 was her day as the background extra. Because I can't find any synopses mention of Cricket until Xmas '83

• Members

I always heard cricket came on in 1983 as a summer teen model for jabot, but when you look her up it, it says she came on in 1986 which i know isn't accurate because there was clips of her talking with Brad and ashley so I know she was a kid in those scenes

I have been trying to look for some 1979-80 clips, it's like nobody has other material then we have all seen sop many times.

There has to be someone with more material cause a lot happened in those years not just victor and nikki stuff.

• Members

Thanks @BoldRestless for posting those 1984 clips. Jill seems like Brenda Dickson in those clips but according to soapcentral, Melinda O. Fee played Jill for part of 1984. I don't know enough about Melinda O. Fee to be able to recognize her acting.

Can anyone clarify who was playing Jill in June 1984?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Am I the only one who was not riveted by that scene? Jack is just yelling. I chalk up PB's first two Emmy wins to weak competition in the Lead Actor races.

Cricket was introduced in 1983 as part of the summer story and she was also a part of the summer stories in 1984 and 1985. As we all know, Lauralee Bell joined the cast full time in Summer 1986 and proceeded to eat the show for the remainder of the 1980s.

On to today's classic. Shemar at his peak hotness, be still my heart  

• Members

I'm usually PB's biggest defender but I think he's actually terrible in that scene and the dialogue is so on the nose...it doesn't feel like anything an actual human would say. Maybe the voters were distracted by his luscious hair. MTS, who I think is a mediocre actor at best, is a lot more impressive there.

Where was Cricket meant to be during the school year? Did they bother to explain?

• Members

This was the 1992 Lead Actor race: Peter Bergman, David Canary, Nicolas Coster, A Martinez, Michael Zaslow. David Canary had won 1986, 1988, 1989 Lead Actor so there was some voter fatigue there. A Martinez won 1990 Lead Actor plus Santa Barbara was on it's last legs so that also discounts Nicolas Coster. Michael Zaslow was Guiding Light's first Lead Actor nominee and it was rumored that GL submitted not very good episodes for him. Based on all those factors, one can see how PB won.

That I don't know.

• Members

Her and Cole’s scenes may have been edited out but Cole and Aldrich Victoria can be seen sitting in the back of the chapel. 

Aldrich’s last scenes as Victoria came when she found out Victor and Diane we’re engaged I believe then next thing you know she was off on an extended business trip. From the Tampa Bay Times:

Tom’s last airdate was 2/21/97. Aldrich’s first airdate was 4/2/97 and left 7/17/97. Tom returned on 10/3/97.

Edited by soapfan770