Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks haha that makes more sense as Lauren and Gina definitely didn’t care much for each other. I do wonder if Mary Williams ever found about that tape of Lauren and Danny 

Please register in order to view this content

Thanks for sharing that synopsis too BTW I like old smilin’ Jack decided to take Carol out on a date to avoid Diane.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Cool resource, thanks @janea4old ! I hadn't seen this before

Does anyone know what date 1311, 2508 and 2631 aired? I've always wanted to know Doug Davidson's (1311), Tracey Bregman's (2508) and Lauralee Bell's (2631) first airdate.

Maybe they would be charged a new fee by the songwriter, to air the song today, so they just cut it out...

Edited by yrfan1983

• Members

If my calculations are right, the SOD recap from their July 31, 1984 issue would cover the weeks of July 2-6; 9-13, 1984. The SOD recap from their July 17, 1984 issue would cover the weeks of June 18-22; 25-29, 1984. I think the upcoming 1984 episode is where Victor is reunited with his mother.

Global update. Wednesday Global/Thursday CBS is 4738, original airdate November 15, 1991.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

John and Dina are planing a party for Brad and Traci's return. Jill is disappointed that Nathan is going to Switzeland alone. She wanted Paul to go with him but Paul explains that a friend of his lost her son and he wants to be there for her. Jack confides in John about what happened between him and Nikki last night. Ashley visits Nikki who is surprised; she expected her the day before. Ashley explains she went yesterday but found Nikki asleep.

sounds like another random episode 

• Members

I have that episode....wish it was 11/18/91 cause I don't have that one.

Please register in order to view this content

That episode features Jack telling John he wanted to hit Nikki because of how drunk she was the night before, I believe this scene won Bergman his second Emmy. 

• Members

I just watched this last week.

This takes place a short while after Traci & Brad's second wedding - the wedding that was recently rebroadcast. Brad and Traci are on their honeymoon. A hot young woman tries to flirt with Brad but he introduces her to his pregnant wife.  Meanwhile in Genoa City, the Abbotts (and former Abbotts) are discussing having a party to welcome Traci and Brad back from their honeymoon. 

Dina has previously told Katherine - and now tells John - that she has been completely out of contact with the family for a few years because she got tuberculosis and thought she was dying, and didn't want to burden the family.  She ended up in a some sort of healthcare sanitarium in Switzerland for two years, out of contact with the outside world, as they slowly nursed her back to health. After coming to Genoa City for Traci's wedding, Dina has begun seeing John.

In a prior episode, Jill had overheard some of this.  So in this epi, Jill hires Paul Williams Investigations firm to go to Switzerland to investigate Dina's past because Jill does NOT believe Dina's story.  Paul doesn't want to go to Switzerland himself because Lauren's baby recently died (The baby who died is actually the baby that Sheila switched with Lauren's, but that doesn't come into this episode. Right now everyone but Sheila thinks it's Lauren's baby that died.). Paul doesn't mention Lauren's name but he tells Jill that he wants to be there as a friend/support for someone who recently lost her child. Paul says that Nathan Hastings is a qualified investigator perfectly qualified to investigate Dina, and Paul is sending Nathan to Switzerland to research Dina. Jill is insistent - and indignant -because she wants the head of the firm - Paul - to go himself. Jill is pressing this to happen immediately because she thinks John is about to propose to Dina, and Jill wants John for herself.

A lot of the episode is about Nikki's drinking. Ashley had gone over to the ranch and found Nikki passed out drunk/drugged, but Ashley didn't realize it and thought Nikki was just very deeply asleep. Nikki gave the excuse that she had the flu.  Jack is upset and really loves Nikki but he doesn't know what to do, and he almost loses it (as the clip just posted above shows). 

Edited to correct. It should say that Jill thinks John is about to propose to Dina. (I had the wrong name)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Maybe Kalbir is right, because the July 17, 1984 issue is the search for Cora.

https://classicsodyr.tumblr.com/post/152996400472/the-young-the-restless-soap-opera-digest

And the July 31, 1984 issue is what happens when Cora is in Genoa City.

https://classicsodyr.tumblr.com/post/153216701921/the-young-the-restless-soap-opera-digest

So I don't know if Monday's episode is the search for Cora, or if it's when Cora is already found.

If it's the search, then maybe the week's theme is "investigations" ?

Monday, Paul and Andy search for Victor's biological parents, at Nikki's request.

EDIT LATER ....  It turns out that Andy and Paul had already located Victor's mother Cora by this time, and Nikki had brought Cora back to Genoa City.  So I'm not sure what goes here for
June 27, 1984 - Monday June 22, 2020. 

Tuesday, Grace and Tony search for the child that Sharon gave up for adoption.  Grace had decided to do this for Sharon (without telling Sharon), because Noah was born premature and might be dying.

Wednesday, Brad tells Victoria that he had asked Paul and JT to search for the reliquary, and Victoria should leave it alone so that she stays safe. But meanwhile Colleen asks Korbel about the reliquary.  

Thursday, Jill hires Paul and Nathan to investigate what Dina has been up to in the past few years.

Friday TBD.

Edited by janea4old