Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

Global's schedule has been updated

Friday Global/Monday CBS - 5808

Monday Global/Tuesday CBS - 4489 

Tuesday Global/Wednesday CBS -  6164

What I think the episodes are

5808 - Nick and Sharon's wedding (February 1996)

4489 - Danny and Christine's wedding (November 1990)

6164 - Malcolm and Olivia's wedding (July 1997)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Those are good choices so far. I hope they round it out with Dru and Neil’s wedding in Japan and don’t just jump to recent years for one of these tired couples we have now. I could see it being a Villy wedding. 

• Members

Those are not bad! I feel like Nick & Sharon's wedding has been shown a million times, but the other two choices are solid and rarely shown. 

I could see them doing that Villy sitcom wedding... hope they'll just stick to things from before 2010.

• Members

Jerry Douglas definitely had work done around this time, definitely blepharoplasty. Here are some images from the 1986 classic from yesterday and the 1987 classic from a few weeks back. Notice how the eyes were much more hooded in appearance and the bags more pronounced in 1986. Bags have definitely been reduced by 1987 as well as the eyes containing a more pronounced eyelid fold. Very common for this to be done, I believe Hunter Tylo had this done in around 1998, Eileen Davidson around 1999, and Katherine Kelly Lang in 2001.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

How about a Jill/Katherine rivalry week? I found this scene on YouTube and it’s so damned good (it’s from shortly before Brenda Dickson started going over the top).

Edited by Chris 2

• Members

That is some top shelf blepharoplasty. If you didn't have those photographs to compare, you'd never have guessed that Jerry Douglas' eyes weren't always like they are in 1987. It makes him look much, much younger and healthier and awake. 

• Members

Is this the one where Phyllis gets arrested for blackmail or was that another one LOL? I just remember MAB ripped it off for the first Villy wedding complete with Phyllis doing some crappy Mary Alice from Desperate Housewives narration while Elinor Donahue played the minister. They better not air that crap either!

• Members

Thanks I knew that was too early but I missed it originally. In fact I recall missing most of the time between Fen’s birth and the big ice storm event but didn’t really care at the time that I had missed out LOL. Now that I think about it I remember Phick later found out their marriage wasn’t even actually legally binding hence the second wedding. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Tuesday June 16 Global

(Wednesday June 17 CBS)

First aired in US on Friday July 11, 1997.

Malcolm and Olivia wed.
Phyllis secretly rejoices in her efforts to fake the second paternity test on Daniel.

soapcentral recap (Describes Phyllis plotting, and Tricia craving Ryan, but says very little about the wedding)
http://soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/1997/970707.php#fri

Looks like that soapcentral recap actually came from 
an old "rec.arts.tv.soap.cbs" post here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/uozG4TnxBrE/NN51AnRDQfIJ

Detailed wedding description and attendees, discussed in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs/-ycSa98VXSw/6vcvKrBat4cJ

^ That link includes some notes on the wedding reception which is actually in the following episode.

Casting notes:
Shari Shattuck plays Ashley.
Sandra Nelson plays Phyllis.
Sarah Aldrich plays Victoria. 
Julia (Nate's nanny) is played by Pamella D'Pella

Special guest star:
Christopher St. John (Kristoff St. John's real-life father) plays the minister.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I've always thought it would have been...well, delicious...to have a storyline where Jill loses her entire fortune (if only temporarily) and is forced to return to work as a manicurist in order to survive financially.