Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

I don’t remember if they did or not but I did catch Lauren giving the side eye to Gina! 

Brad & Colleen were sweet, I don’t recall Colleen ever interacting too much with Victor at all until after Brad died and she got his board seat and Victor humiliated her. Ugh. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If they don't show this stuff now, when exactly will they ever?  Answer...  Likely never.  If they would just start putting their library of very old episodes up on CBS Streaming, I bet they would get a whole lot more subscribers, but I'm not holding my breath that I'm going to see that anytime in my lifetime.

• Members

I try not to complain about the classics but...Chloe and Kevin?? Really? I remember thinking in 2009 that Chloe, Kevin, Jana and Gloria were just taking up space and that only got worse by the time Jana lost her mind and Chloe and Kevin were played on the front burner (unless I am remembering it wrong between them and the dreadful stunt casting consuming the show)

• Members

I really loved the June 3, 2020 airing of Y&R. The angst, the drama, the love... Seeing Katherine, Mac, Amanda, Isabel, Ashley, Traci, Billy, Jill, Jack, Victoria, Ryan, Olivia, Brad, Colleen, Sharon, Neil...all of them...on screen was a gift. Any time I can see Ashley unsettled is a great episode!

I especially loved the subtext of Jill not wanting to become Kay in the scene where she ends it with Sean (that was Sean, right?). 

If anyone has the original broadcast of this episode (or the next one!), I'd love to see it.

Edited by mikelyons

• Members

I was looking at this again.

Thurs June 11, 2020,  #9557, December 30, 2010

Surprised they are airing *that* Adam. I hoped to never see that face again.

That person on screen, plus pairings of Kevin/Chloe and Daniel/Abby?
And the disasters known as Daisy and Jana.

It's like they came up with a formula for something I would be guaranteed not to watch.

• Members

That scene is so, so good. Jill's outburst that she's "not going to turn into a pathetic old woman whose trying to hold onto something she can't keep" was so fearlessly acted. 

It was not part of Jess Walton's Emmy reel and in hindsight that was a mistake because it is a powerful scene. When Sean finally leaves and she rushes over to the bar cart, looks at the decanters of alcohol, then looks in the mirror, and then sobs, you can see that in a split second Jill decided to be everything Katherine could not be - to face her pain head on, and to cry. For me, this scene expressed Jill's pain at seeing happiness slip away from her own inability to get past the age difference between her and Sean and that said bigger things about women and love and aging. Having seen this scene again after all these years, I would bring back Sean in a heartbeat for Jill and give them a second chance. 

One thing the airing of the classic episodes has hammered home is just how good Jess Walton is and how important her interpretation of Jill is to the canvas. Have we seen a single episode where she phoned it in or wasn't excellent?

I loved the Lauren/Isabela scene as Lauren gets right under her skin, looking like Jill St. John in Diamonds Are Forever.

Speaking of diamonds, Katherine decked out in so many diamonds it's obscene was a treat to see.

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/recaps/2012/120213.php#tue

Not interested in the Lane wedding itself, but I'm always glad to see Olivia.

I like that this episode celebrates Delia's birthday. The show spent so much time over the years with Billy and Chloe being psychologically disturbed because of her death.
I like the idea of an episode that features Delia alive and happy.

• Members

I was joking when I mentioned Lane. Sorry guys! I hope I didn't jinx it lol. He's the only one of the featured couples who's not on the show. Makes me wonder if he's been hinting he wants to come back to help the ratings with the comeback... Groan.

• Members

Why was Ashley unsettled? Was she jealous of Brad’s relationship with Colleen and/or felt insecure/sad because she wanted a kid with Brad?  You could tell that John favored Ashley over Traci.  

• Members

I vaguely remember that Colleen had an attitude. When she learned Abby wasn't Brad's bio daughter she said at least now I know she's my cousin not my sister.

I didn't like John in that scene. If Ashley was going to feel threatened by Traci and Colleen she shouldn't have married her brother in law then!