Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It better be the only time, too. The excitement of watching classic episodes on TV or DVD is that you get to see them look nice and smooth, the way they originally aired. Today's episode looked like it came from the internet, which obviously as soap fans, that's how we watch most old episodes anyway, but if it's going to be on TV, I want my videotaped programs to look like they were done on videotape.

• Members

Was that what those scenes were about then. I thought they felt so odd with Joanna telling John he should have plastic surgery. It felt random...and kinda insulting on her part.

Please register in order to view this content

Joanna never really seemed to take off as a character.

I wonder if it's true that Bell had written the part of Stephanie on B&B with her in mind. Maybe that's why he never really invested in Joanna if he had SSH in mind for that role.

• Members

Jerry Douglas was 54 in 1986 and he didn't look like he needed any work at that time. I think he had some eye work sometime in the 1990s. Somehow I remember an episode with a line about John looking more refreshed.

• Members

His hairline was also receding in the early 90s. By the late 90s he came back with a perfect hairline, but I think it was a toupee.

Kinda shallow of me but I think Doug D also has worn a toupee for a long time.

• Members

Yes, she was offered the part and turned it down to return to Days I believe.

Eilleen Davidson does not play coquettish well so seeing her that way with Victor is off-putting. I really do not like them together at all.