Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I genuinely think the ratings would be "surprisingly" good. People would get into it and would be able to follow the stories. Also, I don't know if you were just using it as a random example, but March 1998 would be a great point to start lol

• Members

Long term, I think a good idea would be to show critical episodes from a classic storyline for one week. For example  a week of the most important episodes from the Paul gaslighting Cassaundra plot. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

They should do a weddings week. Like Chris & Snapper's wedding from 1974, Leslie & Brad Eliot 1975, Jack Abbott & Patty Williams 1982 etc...they can skip Nikki & Victor's since they have ran that into the ground in recent years. 

• Members

Nothing new said here, but watching these classic episodes (or should I say vintage as ‘classic’ possibly shouldn’t be applied as a broad stroke with some of the choices), serves as a depressing reminder what we probably have to look forward to when everything is up and running down the line.

I saw a suggestion that perhaps the series should be run in order from a point in 1998. Sign me up for that. Hardly any of it has dated badly in terms of language or subject matter, that I can recall, and we’d have the benefit of the older sets, Bell/Alden writing and superior production. It would be a riot if it build up a steady following, given that it would effectively serve as a first run for some of the few younger viewers the show has today.

• Members

Just saw the episode where Traci and Brad get re-married and enjoyed it. MTS was earnest in her portrayal of a woman struggling and you could see the degrees of PB's Jack becoming more and more exasperated and Nikki's belligerence when Jack orders her to go home.  Today's Y&R would have made Nikki a stumbling, bumbling fool absorbing all the attention. And the frosty undercurrent between Traci and Ashley, with Jill trying to suss out Dina's intentions toward John. All this subtext of personal intrigue and slights just under the surface of polite idle chatter, which is something that Y&R used to do quite well.