Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting this aired on my birthday that year LOL but more interesting this will be the first time I see Aldrich since she first aired as Victoria (she wasn’t good but material of her brief time has been extremely scarce) was pretty much gone by months end. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

so the Feb 19, 1996 Nick and Sharon wedding was rebroadcast in 2001? I didn't see it either time.  I'm curious about the *other* storylines in that episode. I've seen references to it on various messageboards, but the conversations were assuming you'd already seen it, so I don't know the context.  I gather that there is a Christine/Danny scene and a Dina scene, but I don't know what they are about.

Is there a recap or video of the rest of the epi?

• Members

MAB era was such trash, my goodness. I remember all the soaps being so at this point but I couldn't even stomach her stuff. In hindsight I get that she was going for the 80s slight psycho thriller feel but everything about her execution was putrid. She filled the show with bad stunt casting and wrecked so many long term roles with bad stories. For me this era is the worst of the worst.

Daisy 

Please register in order to view this content

Destruction of Jana  

Sharon stuck to pervert Adam like a battered woman   

Badly SORASed legacy characters  

I do miss the production value of the sets though. JFP is the one who hacked that down.

• Members

Today was so awful. So they thought Adam killed Skye, but then Sharon finds her alive, but of course she was away from her group but then ends up pushing Skye into the volcano anyway so now Sharon is the murderer and still can't prove Adam is innocent? And Jana has now forgiven Daisy and wants to take her baby and then lets her go because Kevin is with Chloe? And Abby can't go two seconds without mentioning getting naked? This was such utter trash. I was watching then, but I had blocked out these horrible storylines.

@janea4old Here is the rebroadcast of Nick & Sharon's wedding:

• Members

You know as much as y'all are complaining...let us a take a moment and look at how CBS was calling a 5 year old episode a "classic" in 2001. Yeah we're not getting episodes from the 70s or early 80s but a bunch of these eps have been at least 20 years old.

• Members

Thank you. I didn’t get into Y&R until sometime when Phick were already married. I’m loving all the actual episodes that are 15 years and older. I’ve never seen any of the replays people are complaining about so this has been great for me.

• Members

But you should take into account that there was no YouTube in 2001. Also, Nick and Sharon’s wedding was immediately a classic not because of time but because it was treated with reverence and seen as epic.