Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would love a week of vanessa prentiss but of course that will never happen, lol she played this dark character very well and convincing that she actually scared you.

I also would love to see episodes when she had the veil over her mouth part, does anyone know when they let her take that off cause i know when she first got on until at least 1978 she had the veil on or i could be wrong.

• Members

I’ve made it to John’s funeral. Who the hell decided to kill off John?! That seems like such a stupid move. He seemed like such an integral part of the show.

I always hated Ghost John because he was such a prick to Jack all the time and in the episodes I’ve seen, John was actually really kind and supportive of Jack.

Did Gloria and John have a good love story? Were people actually invested in them? I’ve always hated Gloria. 

I dunno how the Abbott’s could ever even be around Kevin after what he did to Colleen.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Personally, I was not invested in Gloria and John as a couple. At all. Although I preferred Joan van Ark's portrayal because it was more gritty, Gloria was a mess but she was shown as a survivor.  I could've kind of seen how John might have admired and even been attracted to that quality, with Van Ark, you could see it.  At least with Jill, you could realize what John might have seen in her but I couldn't see what John would've seen in Gloria, especially after the role was recast.

I'm not trying to knock Judith Chapman who seems like a down-to-earth genuinely nice person but the character had morphed into this over the top figure, that resembled a low-rent Jill Foster Abbott and I just wasn't interested.

I don't even know how the Baldwin/Fischer wing survived at all, considering how nefarious both Michael and Kevin were.

• Members

Watching the 1986 episode now, I despise this film look they’ve done to the show. It’s so nice seeing SSH back in the 80’s. I’ve never seen her from this time period. When was the last time she appeared on Y&R? Surely Lauren has needed her mother. But the show seems to not really care about the parents or siblings of the vets at all these days.

Really weird to see Nikki out with Victors brother.

Lauren’s hair in this episode is ridiculous. Tracey Bregman definitely got better with age. She doesn’t really look like she’s aged much in 34 years.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I always felt the Nick and Sharon focus marked the beginning of Y&R’s decline, and I still feel that way to a large extent. But there’s such an old movie grandeur to their wedding, even in that intimate setting, and it does draw you in. Now you turn on a soap and even the big weddings feel perfunctory, like a trip to the DMV.

• Members

It’s funny Danny’s obsession of Christine from 1996-98 was pretty disturbing itself in retrospect it’s no wonder I grew to loathe Danny. 

Nope! I hated seeing the name Jill Fenmore Atkinson in the closing credits when it should always be Jill Foster Abbott.

• Members

For a while thereafter she was also Jill Abbott Atkinson...I think she's back to being Jill Foster Abbott...which as you rightly say, is how she should always be. I really think Jill shifting out of the Abbott orbit (which the role of Gloria assumed, disastrously) really damaged the purpose of Jabot, Billy's role, and the Abbotts generally. Jill was the natural tolerable antagonist/sparring partner that the whole storyline needed (and still does need). 

• Members

Those Leanna Love and Jumbo Man scenes in this 1990 episode, OMG

Please register in order to view this content

Funny that David appeared so relaxed at the wedding since this was just after the story of where David had framed Danny for cocaine possession/intent to sell. 

Edited by soapfan770