Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, I do think DD wears a piece, but it looks fine. I don't think he could pull off a bald look all that well. 

Speaking of DD, I just saw that Cris LeBlanc and Greg R from Y&R are out. I mean I always had a suspicion but I didn't know it was confirmed nor did I really go out of my way to find out or search but when on the Y&R page on insta I ended up on their pages and realized they're out. Is Doug D in the same boat or am I reading him all wrong? 

• Members

That’s really funny and nails SF’s effect. Which is why it got to be too much at times. But she could rein it in and be chilling, like when calmly tried to convince Brooke to commit suicide. Which was awful and cruel beyond words, and something she should not have been able to come back from.

• Members

I think SSH is too warm, too emotive for Stephanie.  The character would

have been incredibly different.

Same with Jane Eliott, who was hired to play Stephanie before Bill Bell convinced Flannery to take it.  From an old interview of Jane’s-

“Gail Kobe had hired me to play Stephanie Forrester on The Bold and the Beautiful, so I was all set to do that show. Then, on Christmas Eve, she calls to tell me that Bill Bell has decided to give the job to Susan Flannery instead. I was devastated!“

She went to DAYS instead.

• Members

These kinds of choices will probably turn people off from the really classic episodes. 

At this point in the show they had just gotten through John and Jill's divorce with the pictures of her and Jack, Jill getting shot, Jack getting arrested and sentenced. All amazing stuff. But oh noooo can't show that because of Terry Lester and Brenda Dickson. Nina and Phillip have been introduced, but not yet met. Nikki is about to find out she has soap opera disease and Ashley will learn she's pregnant. But we get this random episode instead. Really strange choices when they couldn't go into the 1980s vault for Katherine week or Abbot week (even if they had to have Jess Walton and Peter Bergman in the roles, they still could have picked things from late 1989). 

And if Bergman is the reason they didn't show anything from the 1980s when the Abbots were established, which I really think it is, then it's really not fair that they picked an episode with Brenda Epperson for Abbot week. I loved Brenda, but Terry is even better. Eileen Davidson is the original and current Ashley so it would make more sense to show an early 1980s with her and a different Jack, than it would be to cast aside the first years of history for the sake of Bergman, who isn't even the original actor.

And then, you had Lester in a 1987 episode anyway (another fairly boring one with Nikki's dream), so it's not like they're opposed to ever showing him, but just opposed to showing him in an episode where the focus is on Jack.

• Members

I've already seen today's 2001 ep. as well  Another big-time yawner for me.  So disappointing...  I'm sure a few may enjoy it though, and if so, I'm happy for you.

Edited by trainman

• Members

The thing about the rivalry was that they were both basically correct about each other. Stephanie really was disturbingly obsessed with her son Ridge and abusive in her means to control his life and select her ideal mate for him. Brooke really was a gutter slut that would [!@#$%^&*] absolutely anything or anybody for any reason. 

Edited by juppiter