Y&R to air classic episodes

• Members

The Sept 14, 1994 episode airing Mon 6/29 has Sharon's birthday party at the Newman pool, as we had guessed it might.

Please register in order to view this content

The couple are: Jay and Cindy. Matt Clark and Sharon. Amy and Nick.

I don't know the character Jay.  When Jay arrives at the party, Nick says "I almost didn't recognize you without your apron."  Did Jay work at the coffeehouse?  I didn't find him in any of the recaps.

I don't know the character Cindy but I found a few recapped episodes showing she was good friends with Sharon and Amy.   And later on Amy and Cindy shared a dorm room?  And there was a recap where Christine and Cindy went to visit Amy at Fairview.

Here is a closeup:

The only Jay I could find in IMDB was actor Craig Gini.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0423129

Not sure if that's the right Jay.

I can't find the name of the actress playing Cindy.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

See when it comes to the half hour episodes, instead of going through the trouble of editing them, I’d do a collection on CBS All Access. Now that they’ve seen the success of these episodes AND the demand that they put them on All Access, going forward it would make sense to do that. Honestly, I’m shocked considering they did it for B&B that they don’t at least have a collection of the first 25 episodes. 

• Members

Thanks!

Please register in order to view this content

Rex was shot the end of 11/29/94 and they re-ran the scene on 11/30. There's actually a brief fade out of Katherine and Jill breaking down together from the final scene of 12/1/94, with the French Closing credits.

• Members

^ NOTE Cindy is wearing a strapless swimsuit at the pool party.

Thanks for the info on Jay!

I found this November 2019 interview with Craig Gini.

He says he did around 100 episodes of Y&R but realized he wouldn't make it as a career actor, so he went back home and apprenticed in the family business, where he is now a multi-million-dollar exec.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/49-black-sheep-returns-how-to-thrive-in-family-owned/id1450374691?i=1000459822109

(the photo on the podcast page is of the interviewer, Not Craig.)

Here is his website. He says on this page "Someone once thought I was John Travolta’s younger brother. That was in the late 80’s."

https://collinselectric.com/craig-gini/

Some more recent pics of Craig

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thanks for the research indeed!! Jay & Cindy are another pair of lost Y&R recurring side characters unfortunately. I’ve tried scrolling through the IMDB before  to dig up info on some folks like Nicholas Walker’s guest stint in 1988 and trying to find out who the hell Izzy Adams was.

For the record, these were the Crimson Lights Barista guys:

Jay 1994-99

Cody Dixon 1999-2004. This was Brody Hutzler’s character. 

Trevor O’Connell 2004-2005, but prior to this Trevor had been an occasional Newman ranch hand dating back to 1999. I think he may have been Cody’s cousin or something.

Dylan 2005-Appeared in close to 100 eps that year. I can’t remember the actor’s name but if I recall right he was related to someone big on the show lol.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

#8169 - July 4, 2005

Gloria plays hostess at the Abbott 4th of July pool party and BBQ. Ashley tells Jack that she's never seen Gloria so excited, and he says that John looks very happy, too. Michael, Lauren, and Kevin arrive, and Gloria can't contain her excitement that everyone can be together today. Later Ashley lets in Malcolm, who brings his camera, saying he will treat everyone with some candid shots. John, Gloria, Jack, Ashley, Jill, Brad, Kay, Esther, Paul, Michael, Lauren, Kevin, Sharon, Noah, and Abby are all gathered, socializing with each other. Jill is interested that Brad brought Sharon along. Noah asks Sharon if he can go swimming, saying that Cassie will be his guardian angel and look after him. Sharon is touched, but wants him to wait for her. Esther tells Gloria what a great party this is, and Gloria is so happy. Jack and Brad bump into each other and Jack asks what Brad has been up to lately. He says he's spending time with Abby and enjoying life at a slower pace. Jack says that Jill could use a right-hand man, and Brad wishes him luck finding one. Malcolm asks Sharon if she's heard anything more about the kids, and she said that Nick has confirmation they are in L.A. Later Jill and Malcolm talk about when he will come back to work at Jabot, and he says he is looking forward to it and will be there soon. Kevin thanks John for inviting him and Michael to the party, and says this is the happiest he's ever seen Gloria. John agrees, knowing that he is falling in love with her all over again. Brad asks Paul if he feels uneasy about Tom, and Paul agrees. Later Gloria gets everyone's attention and makes a toast of happiness to Michael and Lauren's upcoming wedding. J.T. and Brittany stand firmly against Mac returning to the loft. Mac feels like she's dying inside, and blown away by how hurtful J.T.'s being about the situation. Devon tells Dru that he went looking for this mother. Dru wonders if Devon has been feeling left out of their family lately, with all the attention they've been paying to Lily. Dru understands that Devon feels it's important to see his birth mother, but wants him to have her or Neil with him when he does it again. Nikki is sad that they're not doing a Newman family BBQ this year, so Victor surprises Nikki with a romantic dinner at the club. They dance and Victor surprises Nikki with a three week cruise around the Greek Isles in the fall. Nikki is so excited; this is exactly what she needs.

• Members

Izzy was an associate of David Kimble.  He helped David with some of his plots. But I don't know if Izzy knew the depth of what David was doing.

According to this one post, Izzy also blackmailed David?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv.soaps/EP_mEkTXxGc/9_nrowD5tUIJ

Edit to add, I think Izzy was involved in helping David hide the truth about the brooch.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I like party episodes. Sounds like a good week... pool parties/fun in the sun or something like that. I was hoping we would get a July 4th episode (I was hoping to get the one where Jill goes into labor with Billy). Thank you all for the research, clips, pics, etc.

• Members

I loved Rex and was shocked when he was killed off.  Does anyone know why?

Also- if I remember correctly, after Rex died we didn’t really see much of Katherine and she didn’t have a story of her own really until the house fight with Jill and Mac arrived.  Is that correct?