Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Loving Christian’s silver daddy look. Clean him up a little once he appears on the show again.

I wish they had chosen more Gloria-centric material for this week. I want to see JC back on the show when it returns.

• Members

I loved this story. Early Gloria from 2004 to early 2007 was complex until she became a laughingstock. Joan Van Ark built a complicated, selfish, damaged woman as Gloria’s foundation, but Judith Chapman made her campier. The campiness made sense at the time because Gloria was entering a new, wealthy world and she wanted to emulate characters like Kay and Nikki. At the time I remember JC saying that was why she tweaked her hairstyles slightly every couple of months.

• Members

I’m like 18 episodes behind on the classics but as I’m getting caught up it’s crazy to see how important the Barber/Winters used to be to the show. It’s actually criminal what the writers over the years have done to decimate the family and basically make their role on the canvas null and void. 

What even happened to the character of Olivia? I wasn’t watching when she was on, but she’s been featured so much in these classics starting from 1990 and is barely mentioned even with her son on canvas.

• Members

But she was faking being a bad person.  She decided to let Victor think she was trash, in order to make Nikki look good, so that Victor and Nikki could be happy together.  Katherine figured it out at the end of the episode. And in the episodes after that, it was revealed to Victor that his mother was putting on that act, to help him.  He forgave everything, and his mom moved into the ranch until her death (she was already ill then, so she didn't live that much longer).

But yeah the actress playing his mom was pretty convincing!

Olivia is working for Doctors Without Borders.  She sent her condolences when Neil died.

And yes it's criminal that the character of Olivia has been alive all these years but we never see her.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Having Olivia back as the matriarch for the Barber/Winters clan would be such a great idea to make the family more prominent. What are we left with now? Nate (who's incredibly hot, but doesn't get a story), Devon, and Lily appearances. If Olivia was there as the mother-figure to all three it would really complete the family.