Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well yeah, the article mentions this. North Korea is a highly repressive society, which can both be about not reporting cases but also, placing an order that no one is allowed to leave their residences unless given permission.  If the "Dear Leader" hands down a mandate, it is not made an option whether to comply.

Many of the South Pacific island had a virulent bout with measles just last year, so the idea of social distancing to prevent the spread of contagious diseases is likely still fresh in their minds. Lesotho is an emerging country that has a decent literacy rate (85% for women). Perhaps because they have had to deal with crises with tuberculosis and there are likely still people who remember the ravages of other diseases (including HIV/AIDS), they may also have taken COVID-19 seriously.

• Members

When I first started hearing/reading about this, I thought (hoped) it was a few people spreading false accounts and determined that I should refrain from posting this anywhere but this account tends to have more legitimacy than any of the other accounts I've seen.  I still hope this is somehow untrue because this is truly despicable. Knowing France's colonial history (as well as England, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands) it would not surprise me at all, if true.

• Members

I realize this pandemic is worldwide, but with the lack of coherent response domestically, I will just say that there is a VERY special place in hell for Trump and the GOP. And I have to believe - right now - hell exists. If anyone deserves to take a trip there, it's these pieces of s-h-i-t.

• Members

WHAT?!? He really said THAT. That piece of ^&*W!!

How can anyone support him now given that more and more people are saying he's known since December of last year.  Just...ugh.

Good to see that this whole thing appears to be bringing people together. I woke up this morning to seeing that China will be sending vendilator (sp?) to NY as well as Oregon. And we are finally taking Lockdown a lot more seriously here in San Diego. 

Not liking the news on the postal service due to that is the last job that I'm currently involved (laid off at my other job), but it is great to see people are coming together. Hopeful.