Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've read that some of Congress want a breakdown on what the previous allotments have been spent on.. and I don't think that's out of the question.  Where are we going to get all this money, because I'm not seeing anyone asked nor answer this question.

And Covid will always have variants, so lets ramp up treatment development and capacity so that the people unable to benefit from vaccines can be helped.

• Members

Yeah it doesnt spread as fast and doesnt infect the lungs. COVID is real and is here to stay but Im sick of all these fear-mongering click bait articles. It seems journalists wanna jump on the COVID 19 train to be revelant rather than actually knpw what they write about.

Regarding Deltacron

Edited by John

• Members

Sadly sonme so called Journalists are using people's fear of COVID 19 to get clicks for their stories. Their Stories are either all conjecture with zero facts or facts buried in the last paragraph. Either way, the headlines are usually false or Eggsagerated

• Members

It is, like so much of American policy, out of sight, out of mind. They want to just forget the death and illness, even though it is still ongoing. They also bow to pressure again and again, as shown with the vote yesterday calling for the end of mask mandates on planes. 

An older woman who is a friend of the family talked recently about when she went to the store, wearing her mask, and some teenagers were laughing at her, and coughing near her  or on her. It's so demoralizing, because, as so often happens in this country, hate won, bullies won, cowardice won, misinformation won.

• Members

The fact remains that this variant is indeed spreading at a clipped pace. It may turn out to be no more lethal than omicron but the speculation and prognostications that pose as fact are irritating to me personally. I'm still going to wear my mask, because how many times have people been wrong during the course of this pandemic? I'm not saying to panic (what good has that ever done?) but please use wisdom. 

• Members

Yep I agree to the mask wearing still

In My state of MI we had a two day total of 2,770 Cases on Friday and 825 of those were backlogged from weeks ago the State covid site reported

However 

1) No News Outlet in MI spoke of the backlogged #s

2) Detroit has its own COVID 19 Lab 

3) Detroit was where most of the backlog was

4) However most COVID data sites do not seperate the Detroit Lab from The Wayne County labs

So Wayne County looks like it doubled in two days when it hasnt. 

That kind of bad reporting about COVID #s, Positivity  etc get me just as upset as do the relaxing of Masking indoors & I see that kind of reporting as a way to stole fear & panic.  Its like you said, we do not need fear and Panic. I agree, we need facts. 

Edited by John