Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

At my job, we had an in person fiscal year kick off earlier this month.  Masks weren't required, but we had to provide proof of a negative Covid test before being allowed to attend.   I think it's a perfect compromise that if everyone entering is negative then masks shouldn't be mandated.

And we're entering year 3 of the pandemic, which should be the final stretch of it.. if we compare it to the 1918 Flu Pandemic.. which took 3 years before it became endemic (sp?).  

And when Covid started circulating back in early 2020, experts had predicted the majority of the world would get exposed to it before it settled into Endemic status.. but that masks, capacity limits, and lockdowns (which should have been short-term) would give health places time to prepare, scientists time to determine what causes transmission of Covid, and for places to get themselves ready once things opened back up (i.e. safety precautions, etc).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I will never understand how some can defend the royal family after this past week. So this happens and Charles apparently KNOWINGLY exposed his mother to COVID. His current wife now verified to have COVID went to visit a grade school the day after Charles was diagnosed and it was announced he had COVID, and she wore no mask around the children. 2 days later she was announced as having COVID. These people are putrid.

I have had some respect for Elizabeth but her forking over money for Andrew's settlement of that lawsuit really rubbed me the wrong way. Yet people will still scream MEGHAN AND HARRY BAD. 

And then Charles and this garbage.  So all you have to do as a Saudi to become a UK citizen is to be a billionaire and donate to his charities. I will NEVER understand the wests allegiance still to the Saudi's after all the actions they had a hand in the past 25 years. Well longer than that but you get the point.

Why people still want to support this garbage by the royals is beyond me.

Prince Charles probed for handing Saudi billionaire UK citizenship in exchange for donations | Al Mayadeen English

• Members

@JaneAusten and they have such ardent supporters, it's inexplicable to me.

People were joking that, after the pronouncement that Camilla was on the track to one day be Queen, the Cornwalls had decided to put their foot on the gas.

With the disgusting situation with Andrew's settlement to Virginia Giuffre without admission of guilt, of course, and Charles' honours payola scheme, it should be clear how trashy these folks truly are.Of course, royalists will always spin it as outsiders and commoners being the problem. I wish that other islands that are in the Commonwealth would follow Barbados' lead to becoming a republic. Great Britain has done absolutely nothing for them but extract the wealth from their respective islands (including human capital) to build the United Kingdom. I get so angry every time I think about this.