Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah and I think we may have at least one more person now that may had to get tested. We've been having several people call out lately. On top of that we have people that like to call out because they just don't want to work (we have people that call out a lot at my job in general), stretching us thin even more. I hope you are able to stay safe.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am curious to see what our mandate going forward is now that 1) the person in the company enforcing left for a promotion and 2) now that it was finalized (?) in Cali on Friday.

I just had one coworker call in sick so....and this is POST outbreak at work 1.

• Members

We just had another person go home early today because she didn't feel well. She might be concerned she has it. She just came back from being on vacation for a couple of weeks and visiting another state.

Here are the details regarding the people from my workplace who either have or think they might have COVID.

So far, there have been 7 possibly 8 people that may have either gotten Covid or have symptoms. And we recently had another person who was sick that just came back, I'm not sure if they had Covid or not, maybe they were just sick.

But of the people that either have COVID/symptoms/fear they are sick:

At least three of them are vaccinated. I'm not sure about the other four or five.

At least three of them are high risk.  Two of them were out for a year on leave, due to being high risk when the virus first started. I believe that all of the high-risk people are vaccinated.

And at least two of them are/were antivax. One of the ladies who I think may have either come down with Covid in the past couple of days/thinks she has it is very anti vax. She recently told someone she didn't see the point in getting the shot and no one in her household was vaccinated but her husband. She mentioned that she may get it at one point and was acting like it wasn't that big of a deal. Though, when more people started getting it recently she did seem a bit more concerned when a lot of people from our workplace started getting it. The second lady that was antivax may have changed her mind and gotten a vaccine, I'm not sure, though I think she may have turned in paperwork showing proof of that when were filling out paperwork for that as federal government employees. 

I think that at least five or six of them may have had gatherings recently/went on vacation. The one lady today who went home early today just recently spent a couple of weeks vacationing in another state. I think another had a large gathering recently, and I think that the lady who just came back from being sick (unsure if that was COVID) had went on a vacation just before she became ill.  

I don't know if any of these people have received their booster, and that may be an important factor in things.

We are having a worse outbreak now than we did before a vaccine became available when COVID first started. I think this shows just how contagious the omicron variant really is. My take on all of this, what's going on with my co-workers and working in a very high exposure environment since COVID began is to take things seriously and be very careful. People need to try and not let their guard down when it comes to this virus though that can be hard, especially for those of us who have high exposure jobs or have spouses/people in our households who have high exposure jobs or maybe kids who are in school. I definitely think that being vaccinated/boosted helps, but even with that people still have to be careful.

• Members

Am on vacation from work since Friday. Haven't felt very well since like Friday night. Got boostered Saturday.

Got a sore throat, nasal congestion and a sinus head ache. I'm scared it might be omicron. I do have my taste and smell though.

Everything is closed due to weather though. So hopefully I'll go in the morning to urgent care and get tested to be on the safe side.

• Members

I hope you end up being okay and that it's not COVID. Hopefully, it's not something too serious.

I hope you end up getting access to masks and that will help keep you safe. Things are still rough regarding several co-workers in my workplace with all of the people that we've had that are out with COVID/possible COVID and one who just came back from having COVID. It turns out one of the ladies that just returned did have COVID. The other lady who went home yesterday not feeling well showed up today. She said she's feeling better but I think she sneezed a couple of times today and there is always concern especially given what has been happening lately.

I order some KN95's off of Amazon, but I think it may take a while for me to get them. I think that a lot of people are ordering them right now and they are in short supply. Today at work I started double masking with a cloth mask then a surgical mask. I read that can be more effective than just one cloth or surgical mask. I do have some more surgical masks/cloth masks. I will be doing that for the time being until I can get my KN95 masks. That's something someone can do if they have those types of masks and are dealing with a lot of high exposure at work, or elsewhere. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

• Members

I'm getting better, but went to urgent care this evening just to get checked out. Doctor said my symptoms did sound like covid, but since it's been 6 days I'm at the point where I'm past the worst of it

It's like a bad cold, which all along to me it seemed like the flu

Being double vaxxed and boosted helped 

• Members

I’m also currently self-isolating after a positive test on Tuesday morning (had had mild symptoms since Saturday night). I’m feeling 99% better with no symptoms, bar a feeling of heat coming off my body (but temperature is normal). Still a positive lateral flow this morning, but I’m not overly fussed about that.

Thankfully also triple vaxxed here (double Janssen +  Pfizer booster).