Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We are living in a nation where about 30% of the population has been poisoned by disinformation. 

Today I was again at my volunteer job at the nursing home when a couple came in with their 20 something son. The couple chose to get tested while the son refused. The father came up positive. So we give them an info packet on what to do next and show them all the door.

On the way out the son says to his dad " THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T GET TESTED".  Luckily I didn't compose myself in time to answer that.  Really, you selfish little bastard?? Thank God his father had more sense and did the right thing before he exposed a whole wing of elderly people.

@TaoboiI feel what you are going through. Even in the middle of a crisis people are entitled fools. So many people are putting themselves first without any thought of society as a whole. The selfishness is unreal. How we manage to survive as a species I don't know.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

@Juliajms it actually felt somewhat decent today though there were still some people who wanted to act...shall we say intelligently challenged...today (really you are going to walk up to the front desk without a mask when there are signs all over the place saying mask mandate is back to ask if there is a free coffee stand downstairs WHEN THERE ARE COFFEE MACHINES IN ALL THE ROOMS FOR FREE, but dare to ask...why would I wear a mask when I am just asking about free coffee?). A good thing since my brother decided he wanted to reveal he got covid.

For now, mild symptoms (he got his second shot in September) and it seems like he had it for a week. Since my brother has preexisting condition, I am still worried. But happy he is at a job where he has plenty of pay leave and vacation time to draw on as he quarantines from his wife and kids. Since he was skeptical to begin with of covid and the vaccine, he's equally skeptical of shortening quarantine time by that new CDC guideline aka he'll be sticking to the 14 days thank you very much.

Please register in order to view this content

So one more week to go.

• Members

My friend is a doctor at a clinic that does covid testing.  He said that two weeks ago, covid test results were 33% positive. This past week, the tests are resulting in 50% positive.  He knows the science, but he is still stunned by the accelerated transmission rate resulting from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day gatherings.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Have people been hearing about that massive traffic jam on I-95 in VA?

Someone asked the question of why there were no National Guard to hand out food, water and supplies to stranded motorists and someone else replied-

"They're all helping in the ER"

So anyone who doesn't believe that rising COVID infection rates have an impact beyond numbers should really think about a scenario such as this.

It's not just about available hospital beds, it's about the impact of stretched resources and overtaxed personnel.

• Members

That Variant was found in November and Omicron already kicked its butt

Mom, Dad & I had to Covid Test after a cousin we saw last week turned up Positive. Thankfully, we are all Vaccinated & boosted. The PCR Tests came back negative for all three of us.