Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I knew what Nixon was talking about, but only because I already knew where she stood on the issue of schools and COVID-19 protocols. Most parents of color feel similarly, by the way. In fact, NYC parents of color are mostly I'm favor of remote schooling until there are better safeguards, like proper air filtration and ventilation, smaller numbers of students in classes, for better social distancing and higher degree of vigilance concerning mask wearing.

IMO, schools should at least revert back to staggered schedules until the numbers go down.

• Members

I  am very disappointed that the Supreme Court struck down Biden's vax or test mandate. That is dangerous especially with the way that Covid is spreading right now. At my governmental job I think we've had at least a couple of people (maybe quite a few come down) with Covid recently. I'm not sure how many exactly I do know we've had at least six people who have been calling out lately multiple/several days in a row, with sick leave being designated for some of them on the schedule. I think that some got it because a couple of people at work including some that would be more in the know mention us having a Covid problem.

Almost everyone if not everyone that has been out, (maybe everyone but I'm unsure of one person) have been fully vaccinated. I'm not sure if any of them have received their booster shots. And at least three of them are high risk people. And all of them wore masks like 98% of the time. (with exceptions being when they are on break or taking it off right before they leave work).

Our workplace is very high exposure because we deal with/ assist a lot of military personnel including people from other countries at time. (In the past few months we've dealt with people from the royal navy and other countries). So it's was already pretty risky as is. I do wonder if maybe possible recent vacations/holiday gatherings may have played a role as well. I do think some people may have had time off recently/had some gatherings recently and I wonder if that may be a factor.

People have to try and hang in there (especially with the mandate being struck down) and get your booster as soon as possible:

US supreme court blocks Biden’s workplace vaccine-or-test rules (msn.com)

Edited by xtr