Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think they are ordering them as quickly as I would like, but they did arrive thankfully.

But right now I'm not really liking the laissez-faire attitude that my higher ups are having with the mask mandate at one of my jobs right now. Moreso because there appears to be another outbreak among my coworkers right now. One of my coworkers just came back from being out for extensive surgery and she was shocked that while I do trust her I still Lysoled the heck out of our shared work area. 

While the work area that I work in has lately not deal with me dealing with the general public except to filter out breaks and usually an hour before I leave, it bothers me that there are signs all over now due to the Cali mandate and there are people just flaunting their masklessness. Or worse, I saw someone who wanted to make an online reservation and one of the people sat in our lobby for fifteen minutes with his shirt over his nose and mouth WHEN HE HAD A MASK IN HIS HAND. And then still had to ask my coworker (because I told her I was not dealing with their sheer stupidity at finding every opportunity to not keep their masks on, not to mention they could have onlined while they were sitting in the lobby for that 15 minutes versus taking forever in front of the front desk) for a mask WHEN YOU HAVE A MASK RIGHT THERE IN YOUR HAND. And yes, the mask was for him. *frowns*

At least my other job is taking it more seriously. Except for some old lady who I gathered swiftly for butting in with her opinion which has nothing to do with the conversation I was having. Customer service only goes so far and I cannot stand stupid unwanted opinions...unless you want a response back, don't talk.

Please register in order to view this content

#commonsense

As an Arkansan, not shocked. 

Good to hear. If only because I still have to start this season of SUPERMAN AND LOIS.  JK. Happy to hear you are doing good.  

NO!!!

But good you are doing good. 

• Members

Frankly, I blame the right-wing media, going way the hell back to Rush Limbaugh.  I believe they're principally responsible for the muck we're still mired in with this virus, thanks to all their decades of blather about not letting the government control people like sheep.  Never mind that they've never actually been controlled by anyone OR that the ones who ARE controlled are also the ones they never give the first [!@#$%^&*] about.

• Members

I clicked and read the article.

A representative for Mangassarian said the actor had initially been opposed to getting the coronavirus vaccine but ultimately did get vaccinated after it was required for film projects.

“I know about his original stance, but after I had a talk with him, his desire to work became more important to him,” Valerie McCaffery of McCaffery Talent Management told The Daily Beast.