Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm really talking about the government, not really the public at this point. I do not want to revisit the situation we had in 2020 where there weren't even enough PPP for frontline workers. This goes beyond optics.

I live in the Northeast, where we are the first to feel any effects of new variants and changes and it is not the same as in the Midwest, which is generally last to experience any changes. It is a different story here.

Panic won't help matters but people need to go into this emerging situation with open eyes. I just don't think it's a good idea to shift COVID money to Ukraine at this point. Government preparedness is different from public anxiety. What I am talking about is preparedness. If anything goes left, people will inevitably blame the government, even those who claimed that everyone had been overreacting six weeks prior. I also think there hasn't been much thought given to the disabled and immunocompromised these days.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My neck of the woods finally did away with the mask mandates 3 weeks ago in Boston.  And cases are low so I don't see an issue with taking a breather from being caution for awhile.

I think N95s should be more widely available for those in need of masks, and there are some promising therapeutics that need to be ramped up and distributed.

Lastly I do think it's horrible people wearing masks are being give grief for wearing them.  However, it's karma because mask wearers were being horrid to people not wearing them 24/7.  I think respect goes both ways here.

• Members

I only don't wear one when I'm walking to and from work, mainly because I don't walk past anyone. But, at work, I have one on 24/7. And yes cases may be down here in MA... but I'm still not optimistic at the moment, especially since once we hit that zero mark on March 5, we're going up again. As of yesterday: 2,624 new cases.