Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

The CDC should never have told people that they could stop wearing masks in the first place. I know that organizations are mad up of people, and people are only human, but a health organization needs to be more clear on the guidance they give, or risk losing credibility.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think they had much of a choice.  Once people were fully vaccinated, they wanted a reward and NOT wearing a mask was just that for many people.  As we go back into lockdown, they need to make it perfectly clear it is due to the unvaccinated in this country.  I, personally, have no problem with wearing a mask when in the presence of people other than our children and grandchildren who have all been fully vaccinated for months.  I still spend my time with family in an outdoor environment while the weather is warm or HOT!

• Members

I never stopped wearing a mask.

The CDC had a choice. They could have treated adult people like grown ups and laid it out, straight, no chaser about the choice between life and death.

It's like last year, when they told people not to wear masks, instead of just being honest and saying that the national  stockpile was low and that they needed those for hospital workers, care providers and essential workers and advise people to make their own. Yet they delayed.

• Members

If the private sector steps up these people will have no choice. Lets see what happens

And ditto with the masks. I go into establishments and still see workers wearing them why am I absolved. I have continued to wear one period.

Lollapalooza in Chicago is happening this weekend. Vaccinations required.  I admit to being fearful regardless that this will end up as a super spreader event. Most of the attendees won't get seriously ill but they could spread it once they leave/

• Members

I know. I live in Chicago and originally we all believed Lollapalooza was doing the right thing. To attend and be allowed in you have to be vaccinated. That was established months ago. That was before this variant.  I don't know what to say. Chicago is going to be another hotspot - 2 weeks tops.